• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

best ranger v8 conversion headers, brand, shorty or long runner design

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Summit, Jegs or about ten other places have them, most Mustang suppliers carry them.
Dave
The set I had for a short time where made by Patriot.

Only way to go for a 2wd IMO. :icon_thumby:

v8 splash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
Hey Teddyzee you have GT-40P and your headers fit very well?

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
Hey Teddyzee you have GT-40P and your headers fit very well?
My heads are GT40 (non-P), headers fit perfect, same as they did on E7 heads.

ranger8689

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Transmission
Manual
anyone know if the tri y's will fit on a 4wd. Most of the trucks i see them on are 2wd's. I've got 88 5.0 ho with a np435 manual trans behind it

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

ranger8689

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Transmission
Manual
ok cool. makes sense. I will have to double check and look at my truck to see. I am sas and lifted high enough i think i could clear with out contacting my drive shaft, we shall see. thanks for the link

2ndSS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94, 00, 02, 06
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31" on the 02 FX4
I know this is an old thread but was wondering if anyone has any new info on header options

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I know this is an old thread but was wondering if anyone has any new info on header options
don't get Heddman headers 89500. The passenger side is right over the I-beam and you will have to cut your new header to make a elbow section to remove your starter.

win

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The ever elusive Torque Monster headers from Al's Headers and the OBX knock off's are the only headers I know that will fit the later Rangers with a 5.0/302

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Do you know the part # for the Torque Monster?
Not sure if there is an actual part number, but they haven't been available for quite some time, and the website has said 'purchasing temporarily disabled' for a long time. I think the guys here were saying the owner of the small company passed away.

So it looks like there will never be any new ones, the OBX were a copy of the TMH but they were discontinued well over a year ago.

For a bolt-in 98+ header I really seems we are all ****ed, until a ranger enthusiast with the means decides to start supplying a new TMH style repro for the community. No real companies are gonna start up making those complex headers for these old news expo swaps..

It sucks. I want to buy something as well, and have no desire to build a set.. For everyone in this situation the best temporary solution is to use the OEM cast versions as they are at least much better than the shitty OEM tubular junk some of the models had.

rangersupercharged

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
V8 ranger Headers

Not sure if there is an actual part number, but they haven't been available for quite some time, and the website has said 'purchasing temporarily disabled' for a long time. I think the guys here were saying the owner of the small company passed away.

So it looks like there will never be any new ones, the OBX were a copy of the TMH but they were discontinued well over a year ago.

For a bolt-in 98+ header I really seems we are all ****ed, until a ranger enthusiast with the means decides to start supplying a new TMH style repro for the community. No real companies are gonna start up making those complex headers for these old news expo swaps..

It sucks. I want to buy something as well, and have no desire to build a set.. For everyone in this situation the best temporary solution is to use the OEM cast versions as they are at least much better than the shitty OEM tubular junk some of the models had.
I am looking for headers to work on my 1992 ranger with a 302 with Windsor heads and a AOD. I have the hooker headers for the V8 ranger conversion but I can't install the #5 spark plug wire without hitting on the header. I haven't checked the rest of them yet.

marioms1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
V8 headers

Would love to see v8 header photos but photobucket stole them. Is there another way to post them before I order headers that dont fit. 99 extra cab frame 52 f2 body 90 302 fmx trans.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
You can go to the torque monster website and see pictures of theirs. They're available again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hrphilipson

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Back from the dead.....so for a 4x4 v8 swap ive gathered the 88400 headers will work, especially with a body lift. Im curious if anyone might know if the foxbody bbk equal lengths would clear....specifically on the driverside with the steering shaft. Posting a pic of them.
They are aimed correctly to clear transmissions, front driveshaft, starter etc, like the 88400's, just not sure about the steering shaft.
Or the patriot clipster headers if they will clear the frame and firewall.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals