• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My B2 Build(2) Long,pics and vids

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, Havent been around to much lately as im in university, but I am getting out in a month and the bronco 2 will begin to further its build. I have a thread up on BII.org that some of you may have seen but I cant get to much feedback there and I WANT ALL THE FEEDBACK I CAN GET,good or bad. Let me know what you think and give me some ideas if you can on areas I could maybe change or upgrade.

So I will start off with why I am building it, I went threw phase 1 and drove it as my dd when I was 16 and drove the sh!t out of it on and off road. It had 29"sx's and a 3 inch body lift, did ALL the body work with my dad and drove it around in primer for the longest time. Then when it became just a toy I started driving it harder and not caring if it was broken and it broke, bad.

Heres the story of its demise...

This is just a little hole I found one day, started playing and it was really fun.

http://s697.photobucket.com/albums/vv338/freerider6_9/?action=view&current=013.flv

Then I started to get brave and decided to drive the middle, That really didnt work out on my favour and ended up breaking a front axle and the clutch drown, then the engine slurped up a bunch of water as it was up to my mirrors. Heres a vid of a chevy with 9 inches of lift, lockers, 38s and 350hp in the same spot I tried...

http://s697.photobucket.com/albums/vv338/freerider6_9/?action=view&current=016.flv

And onto my build.
Plans-
FI 5.0 with 36000 km on fresh rebuild
Standard trans(undecided), fullsize t-case
7" lift- 3'body 4"suspension
Explorer axles
35" mickey thompson baja claws
Lime Green Paint
Custom bumpers
Warn 8274- scored for free:yahoo:
Boxlinered interior

Some pics of my progress so far:

One for size comparison, she is about 5'9"

Thanks guys and I really hope to hear your comments and I cant wait to get home and start working on it again.

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Way to do it right and stuff a v8 in there first thing.
If it is just a toy why not throw a doubler in there?

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Way to do it right and stuff a v8 in there first thing.
If it is just a toy why not throw a doubler in there?
I have looked into it a little bit, but it will be driven on the street at times. It wont be getting trailered to the trails. Can you educate me more on if a doubler would be right for that kind of use?

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Out of over 50 people only 1 person has inputs or suggestions? Well the plans are changing alot. I guess ill let this die.

Thanks for all the info on the site guys

Rangerman4158

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice start to your build what are your plans changing to?

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Cool man. Do you have extended radius arms>?

And do something about that nasty steering angle!! :fie:

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Extended radius arms will be made as soon as I get some joints, same with the possible 3 link rear, and the steering angle will be better when the front end of the truck comes down, its sitting about 3-4 inches higher in the front right now.

Will a joint with 34000 lbs of radial static load be enough for radius arms?
I drive hard

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok well Im just going to keep updating this for myself, Ordered a few things last week and should be arriving friday or so, Then saturday ill be swapping the axles and getting my doner stripped and the engine cleaned up and resealed.

sillywhips

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
looks like you have a sweet project to work on i will definetly keep checking on your progress

Bronco_Chuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84, 86 & 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
that is awesome. keep up the good work.

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Extended radius arms will be made as soon as I get some joints, same with the possible 3 link rear, and the steering angle will be better when the front end of the truck comes down, its sitting about 3-4 inches higher in the front right now.

Will a joint with 34000 lbs of radial static load be enough for radius arms?
I drive hard
Build threads seem to slip through the cracks sometimes, and not till they're bumped up months later do I even notice them...

What joints are you planning on using?

I wouldn't trust those tractor supply joints if thats what you're looking at...

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
No, I was looking at some from ruff stuff.

On another note, I am now completed this term of school, So I can finally work on the ol bitch again. Still have limited time to work on it though as I have to get caught up on some stuff at work, and its a pain to push it in and out of the shop with the bobcat as I have to work on it at work not at home:annoyed:. But I should be able to get a couple nights a week and sundays, and some saturdays.

I Did a bit of work on it today, Gutted the entire interior and started striping all that spray can beddliner ShIt and getting it ready to get a good bedliner shot into it, But I have to fix a huge hole alone the seam between the firewall and floor. I should be able to get it done by next weekend, And hopefully if all goes well Ill pull my doner engine out and get it ruffed into place.

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well I worked on it some more today, It really sucks not having more time.

But anyways I got my doner truck stripped, Pulled out the complete wiring harness from under the hood, Pulled the engine/trans, and did some cleaning up of the enigine although there is VERY little to clean on it as It was a fresh rebuild with only 36000 kms, And I even learned it has GT40s on it :yahoo: Dont have to touch a thing on it to make it worthy of a clean swap, Although I am going to throw some paint at the valvle covers and oil pan as they are that ugly ford grey colour, I am very pleased with my $400 purchase of the whole truck.

This is the engine on the stand infront of my BII

Just the engine

One more...

And just a couple of what I did last week, Floor stripped and almost ready to be lined one I fix the hole, Should be done early this week.

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok well Im basically just posting to get my build off the 4th page( Is there that much action here in 1 day that my thread got pushed 3 pages in one day but out of 350 views only a handfull of people comment?

Well I got the floor patched/finished with 3 coats of bedliner, its plenty thick now but im gunna do some more with it. Ordered a sheet of diamond plate, and am going to set the engine/trans/transfer case in this saturday and get it where I want. Then sunday I beleive I should be able to get some of the wiring stripped out and ruffed in, then the engine back out so I can paint the engine bay and engine and make it all purdy.

I actually wasnt going to do anything tonight but got bored within an hour of being home and went and worked on it.:icon_bounceblue:

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Your build looks great to me,well planned and thought out.

Kinda like watching a good movie,cant wait to see how it turns out!
Keep the updates coming!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals