• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clunking Sound

shb88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Had the clunking sound thought it was Rad arm bushings. I had them replaced but it is still making the noise. Only when you put in drive or reverse. I can see some movement where the front DS goes into diff. Does not make the sound any other time. I have tried to move this area with my hands but there is no slack.
Thx
HB

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
Mine does this too, I only notice it when I shift into reverse backing out of my driveway when it hasn't been run for awhile, or if I put it into gear coming off a hill. I always just figured it was the gears in the trans/rearend clunking together as the slack is taken up quickly (when its cold its at high idle so the trans is spinning faster than normal, and off a hill the rolling causes the trans to spin faster than normal.) Kinda bothers me but its done it for the two years that I've owned her and I have no major problems.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals