• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Camber issues

CrazyLikeAFox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Undercompensating
Hey guys! Long time, no type! Had to put the project on hold for a bit, but I think it's time to get back at it! Question for the day. After finishing phase one of my front end rebuild, (upper and lower ball joints, wheel bearings, tie rod ends, and Superunner steering system) I'm right where I left off in the camber department. I've got the adjustable bushing all the way to the extreme, and the tire is still leaning out at the bottom. I've been told to try coil spacers and I can kind of see how that would help. Opinions/experiences? But while reading one of the tech articles about ride height, I had a few thoughts. I have a Skyjacker lift, 6" suspension, and 3" body. At least that's what I was told, I bought it used. Not sure of anything more than that. But in the dropped down bracket for the drivers side "center bolt/pivot bushing area?", I've got 2 holes, upper and lower. Mine is in the lower. I believe I read for proper ride height it should be in the upper. Opinions/experiences on this as well? That being said, would that affect the passenger side camber, and if so, how difficult would it be to move it to the upper hole? Sorry of this i s a long winded one, but as always any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

CrazyLikeAFox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Undercompensating
And I apologize of this has been touched on somewhere before, outside of the tech article. I love this forum, but for some reason I have difficulties navigating some of the features. Specifically, searching the forums and uploading pictures.

CrazyLikeAFox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Undercompensating
Wow! Nothing, from nobody?!? Well, hopefully someone reads this that can give me some info. Truck on brothers!

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Wow! Nothing, from nobody?!? Well, hopefully someone reads this that can give me some info. Truck on brothers!

D35 axle? is something bent? if D35 did you replace the axle pivot bushings? knuckle bent? get different camber caster adjustment bushing with more range.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Putting it in the upper hole will move the bottom of the tire in. Look at it like a see-saw, with the coil as the pivot.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
×2

Your steering link angles also won't be as far out of whack with the axle in the upper holes (less impact on tire wear & handling).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals