• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

temp sensor gone bad

red_ranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
alrite ive flushed the fluid in my truck put a thermastat in and my temp gauge is not workin rite one sec its hot the next its right on where its supposed tobe and the rad and hoses arent even that hot i can put my hand in the fluid when it say its almost overheatin so my question is should i just replace the sender for the gauge.
thanks

richlands55

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
You have an air pocket in the cooling system. Make sure rad. is full...turn heater on ...install rad. cap to first notch, leave it slightly loose..start engine, set inside and bring rpms up to about 2000, when temp. guage reads normal..turn engine off, remove rad. cap....carefully and top off rad. and resivoir. You will know when thermostat opens opens..temp guage will fall slightly.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ryan
    Forum Administrator

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals