• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

bronco 2

headhunter257

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
had a 87
had a
Make / Model
bronco 2 87
br
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
hey guys my bronco 2 has died so i bought a blazer i know shitty deal but with the bronco 2 dead im fixing it for the off roading beast iv always wanted to do seeing as im now working on the oilrigs sooooo
what lift kit would fit the bronco 2 and keep in mind the top will be getting cut off of the truck and a roll bar and v8 swap is coming i know for the v8 swap i need a 3 inch body lift but the suspension i want to throw a 6 inch lift in their
any ideas or tips before i start my project ?:icon_thumby:

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you are throwing a v8 in it, what axles do you plan on using? The stock stuff won't hold up long.

Need more details.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Skyjacker makes a nice suspension kit for your BII, as does James Duff. Both kits do leave some issues with the steering that should be sorted out afterward (as do virtually all kits), though this isn't difficult to deal with (a bigger drop pitman arm than what the kit comes with will usually suffice, which Skyjacker sells).

As Country said, stock D28 and 7.5" axles aren't up for V8 power, though if this is a '90 you're working on, there's some chance it could have a D35 up front, which should be fine with the V8, however it'll still have the 7.5" rear.
A '91-'94 Explorer makes a great donor if you need a pair of axles to swap yours with. Look in the Tech Library for the D28 to D35 swap, and Explorer 8.8" swap.

Hope that helps

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals