• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

99 Ranger build

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
I won't be running the stock tank after the swap, will be switching to a fuel cell.

Kevery

06/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1978
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Yaw, always seems at the worst time too. It just made the v8 swap come sooner than planed. What's the plan for yours now.
Honestly I think I'm gonna stick with the 4.0. The v8 definatly has that cool factor But the 4.0 still has plenty of power for what I do with it. I'll probably just rebuild/replace the heads and run it.

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Honestly I think I'm gonna stick with the 4.0. The v8 definatly has that cool factor But the 4.0 still has plenty of power for what I do with it. I'll probably just rebuild/replace the heads and run it.
I was happy with my 3.0 too, but with almost 170,000 miles on her and what it would cost for a rebuild I might as well put it towards a v8.

Kevery

06/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1978
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I've got barrely 100k on mine so she still has some life left. I just droped a bundle of cash on the trany swap and then found the heads or the instake M. leak (still not sure which one is leaking). If I would of known about the leak before the swap I would of probably done the v8 swap.

You have too swap trannys to right?

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Ya I'll be swapping trannys, going with a np435 and a 205 case.

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Work on the ranger the last couple days, got the old driveline out.

mark94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Automatic
????

Hi I'm new to this sight and have read your build and love it!! I would love to do the same with my ranger. I was wondering what leafsprings you used on the front and if you bought your brackets or did you make them yourself and if i could get any info on the measurements of the brackets you used? Any help would be grateful thank you..

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Hi I'm new to this sight and have read your build and love it!! I would love to do the same with my ranger. I was wondering what leafsprings you used on the front and if you bought your brackets or did you make them yourself and if i could get any info on the measurements of the brackets you used? Any help would be grateful thank you..
Thanks and welcome to the site. I used Rancho 44044 leaf springs and the front bracket came from sky offroad. Since your ranger is a 94 It would be easier to do coils instead of leafs. But if u have your sites on leafs just tell me what u need for measurements.

mark94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Automatic
yea i saw the bracket's on sky's page but didn't know which one's you used? they show one's for the s10 and full size chevy? measurement's need to know where to place the rear hanger using the rancho leafs? do you want the rear hanger even with front or lower? yea i thought about using coil's but i think leafs will work better for my needs. again thanks for your help

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
yea i saw the bracket's on sky's page but didn't know which one's you used? they show one's for the s10 and full size chevy? measurement's need to know where to place the rear hanger using the rancho leafs? do you want the rear hanger even with front or lower? yea i thought about using coil's but i think leafs will work better for my needs. again thanks for your help
I used the one for the full size Chevy. The measurement would not be the same for our trucks since we don't have the same frame and I moved the axle forward. I just mounted the front bracket where I wanted the axle to sit and mounted the rear shackle where it had about a 45 decree angle.

mark94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Automatic
well looks like i gotta start ordering some parts. i did get lucky with the axles. my buddy bought a set from currie. i wanna say there pro rock D60's still in there shipping crates.make a long story short he's going through a divorce and needed money fast so i was able to grab them 1k:headbang: again thanks for your help. i'm sure i'll be asking more questions when parts start coming in.

xkotyx

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So how's this coming along? Any updates? I know I'm one to talk, I haven't worked on mine for a good minute lol

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Haven't really done much lately, got the dash torn apart to install the aftermarket gauges I got last week, did pick up a rear frame section to replace the bent frame I have. The motor is closer to getting finished and should be dropping her in sometime this month. Hoping to get back to it more since it is nicer out. Everything is costing more than I thought it would, but I'm hoping it will be worth it in the end.

xkotyx

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know the feeling, thousands and many months later is the name of the game lol. Excuse me if I missed it, time to catch up on here is hard to get, but How'd you bend your frame?
Yeah I stopped working on mine for about a year a little while back. I spent all of my taxes that year on it and still didn't have half of what I needed to move forward. That and money got tight for a while after that.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals