• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

East Texas Meet (Tyler, TX)

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
in Maine when I am not at school in Texas.
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I haven't seen a post on this yet so I will start it. There is a good group of fellow Ranger enthusiast in East Texas and we have decided to have a meet to check out each others ride.

We will be meeting at the Tyler mall at 12:30 PM. We will then decide on where to eat once we all meet up at the mall. After eating we will cruise over to whitexl's Ranch to take some pictures and do some more socializing. I will post more details as they become available.

For the most up to date information check out http://www.rangersoftexas.co.nr/ and look at the "lets plan a meet" thread (you will need to be a member of the forum to do so; so sign up its free and the forum is a growing community of local Ranger enthusiasts). There is also a thread following this developing meet over at RPS. We want all to come (we are not bias to what form you belong to) so tell your friends, tell your mom, tell your dog, tell anyone who will listen that there is a meet planned for East Texas Ranger enthusiasts on Saturday April 4 @ 12:30 in the Tyler Mall parking lot. Thanks and looking forward to the meet.:icon_thumby:

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey bbrown4.0 - I have seen you over at R-O-T. I have been following the thread over there. There may be enough time for me to plan for that meet IF I am in town that weekend. Would be cool to get out and meet some other owners finally. I will keep an eye on this or the other thread as time get closer . . .

Welcome to TRS BTW

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Hi Hazmat I've seen you over at ROT too :icon_thumby:. Hope you can make it to the meet. I will try to keep this thread updated from what I learn over at ROT or maybe hmccall4 will end up weighing in on this thread too. Thanks for the welcome too I guess. I have been here at TRS for just over a year hence the cool
badge under my username, but thanks just the same.

p.s. Seen some of your photo shop skills and they are amazing.

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
LOL - I didn't even notice that, I guess I am slipping. Yeah I have been here longer than my Join Date - lost my original member name and pass in the great change over.

Thanks for the comment - I love PS and use it for just about everything I do - LOL. Ever need a chop let me know . . .

'95 ranger

09/2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1989, 200
Make / Model
Subaru, FORD
Engine Size
2.5, 2.3, 4.OH
Transmission
Manual
sweet hazmat you definitely need to come, ive been itchen to see your truck

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
That's okay hazmat. I might look like a noob since my post count is really low, but I was inactive in the forum for a longtime and I am usually a man of few words. However, I am working on trying to become more active here at TRS.

Someday I might give you a sideview of my truck so you could put some Cobra R wheels on it so I can get some more encouragement to pick up a set :D.

Also didn't realize you have some kind of moderator status so any help in bumping the thread so that other East Texas guys can get in on the meet info or any ideas as to were to post so that more can see and yet not encroach on the wrong bulletin would be appreciated.

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
'95 ranger your rangers of texas username is daltonK right? Looking forward to the meet and hopefully there will be a good turnout.

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am a NEWBY Mod - LOL. Just got appointed, so I am not sure - you could always put this link in your signature:

East Texas Ranger Meet Click for Info

That would at least get the message out wherever you post - then go post in a couple different areas. :icon_thumby:

'95 ranger: I will try - no guarantees though . . . if the wife lets me have a day pass :icon_rofl:

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Good idea hazmat. You could bring the wife to town and let her shop at the mall while we have the Ranger meet or she could participate too if that is what she is into.

'95 ranger

09/2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1989, 200
Make / Model
Subaru, FORD
Engine Size
2.5, 2.3, 4.OH
Transmission
Manual
yeah thats me, and that mall sucks!

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nah - she is not the shopping type - :yahoo: which is good for me . . . I am having a hard enough time talking her into going to the TRS 10 Year in Tennessee in July. Bad part - it is the same week as our anniversary - I see no problem with that :icon_confused: but she might get :pissedoff:.

So if she is working I might come out, just a long damn trip from the Denton area. :icon_thumby:

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
So if she is working I might come out, just a long damn trip from the Denton area. :icon_thumby:
I didn't realize that you were on the other side of Dallas. That does make for a long drive. Do what you got to do, but there will be a place for you at the meet should things work out and you feel like putting in the wheel time for the meet.

+1 on wife not liking to shop. If I could find a girl that liked cars and hated shopping I would be all set, but I tend to fall for the pretty girls that live for the mall and think the oil light comes on just to tell you that it is getting close to time to change the oil.:shok:

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Location Specifics

At the moment we are nailing down just where to meet at the Tyler Mall. It is looking like in the mall parking lot (see below image) facing towards On The Border (a nice little Mexican food restaurant). I will post more details as they become available.

The circled region is the proposed meeting location, but has not been verified yet.

bbrown4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
the big bad 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Location Nailed Down

Looks like the above location
has been agreed upon. Looking forward to meeting all that can make it out. For more updates click the link in my signature.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals