• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lots of new goodies

CAD

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Recently added lots of goodies. first was the slider back window and the vent windows on the extended cab sides. Then added door vent windows, it had single glass in the doors with power windows and door locks from an Eddie Baur B2. Then added the nerf steps. also earlier added tilt steering along with new shocks. pulled a reciever hitch and bumper from a 98 ranger and installed them also. Shes coming along real well lately as the local yard has had an unusally largenumber of B2's and rangers lately.:yahoo:

Attachments

FritzTKatt

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice. The memories you just brought back with that interior shot... Just the same as grandpa's 87 f-150. Minus the window buttons aren't falling out, and the speakers aren't either...

TexasRebel

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 2006
Make / Model
Ford, Nissan
Engine Size
4.0 in both
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
You live every day, you only die once...
You have the extended cab windows that pop out? I've been trying to find some of those for a long time now. I haven't been able to find a company that even sells the kits for them.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Looking good, Bro!!! Brings back the old times to me with my first 83 4x4 Ranger and my Bronco II's. All it takes is time and money to make it your one and only!!

CAD

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Found the windows at the wrecking yard, took them out of an 88 ranger along with the sliding back window they are factory originals and all of the mounting holes were already in my ranger. took only about three hours to put them in. and the way the back window bolts in I didn't even have to take the shell off to install it. got all three windows for 45.00 couldn't pass them up for that price, and he threw in the original caps for the rear wheels for free. got all of the power windows with wiring for 180.00 and even with gutting the doors and rebuilding them it only took a day to install the vent windows and power. To me it just never seemed like a real truck without the vent windows. will save a ton on gas not having to run the AC all the time.

Am going to prep the body and fix the hail damage myself and will then probably have Maaco respray back to original color then. But thats going to be my summer project.

I'm working on installing my Garmin into the dome light bezel from the Eddie Baur B2. will post picks here when I'm done.

The wrecking yard here in Greeley gets a lot of the older B2's and rangers in lately and they are mostly rust free parts.

TexasRebel

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 2006
Make / Model
Ford, Nissan
Engine Size
4.0 in both
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
You live every day, you only die once...
Found the windows at the wrecking yard, took them out of an 88 ranger along with the sliding back window they are factory originals and all of the mounting holes were already in my ranger. took only about three hours to put them in. and the way the back window bolts in I didn't even have to take the shell off to install it. got all three windows for 45.00 couldn't pass them up for that price, and he threw in the original caps for the rear wheels for free. got all of the power windows with wiring for 180.00 and even with gutting the doors and rebuilding them it only took a day to install the vent windows and power. To me it just never seemed like a real truck without the vent windows. will save a ton on gas not having to run the AC all the time.

Am going to prep the body and fix the hail damage myself and will then probably have Maaco respray back to original color then. But thats going to be my summer project.

I'm working on installing my Garmin into the dome light bezel from the Eddie Baur B2. will post picks here when I'm done.

The wrecking yard here in Greeley gets a lot of the older B2's and rangers in lately and they are mostly rust free parts.
I want to get some of the door vent windows too. I love them things. I would almost be willing to pay somebody to ship some to me because no yards around me really ever have any decent rangers if any at all to scavenge through for parts.

CAD

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
here is the pic for my Garmin mod. I attached it with RTV black silicone and used a pop rivet on the side for an on/off switch. The Garmin has the on/off on the top of the unit so I epoxied the rivet to the slide switch and the built in return spring on the Garmin retracts it back into position. tied it into a power plug that is accesable behind the glove box so that I can update the unit with my laptop. used headliner from wrecking yard to recover it as the dome light unit was brown in color originally.:icon_thumby:

Attachments

rangerin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice man! Sure wish my local yard got more older rangers and broncos.

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
Our yard down here shut down a little while ago and I was told they were selling off their inventory to a yard up by Denver. They had a lot of BII/Ranger/Explorers. Might be part of what was here.

matticus420

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
here is the pic for my Garmin mod. I attached it with RTV black silicone and used a pop rivet on the side for an on/off switch. The Garmin has the on/off on the top of the unit so I epoxied the rivet to the slide switch and the built in return spring on the Garmin retracts it back into position. tied it into a power plug that is accesable behind the glove box so that I can update the unit with my laptop. used headliner from wrecking yard to recover it as the dome light unit was brown in color originally.:icon_thumby:
that's awesome:icon_thumby: gives me an idea:icon_idea:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic

Great idea. Looks great as well!!!! I have been thinking about putting my Nuvi inside my overhead console I added to my Ranger from an Exploder.

CAD

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Added factory cruise control today :yahoo: when I put in the tilt steering it had the factory cruise buttons on the steering wheel. So I went to the U-pull-it yard and got all of the rest of the components for the factory cruise i.e. wiring, controller, servo, dump valve. put them all in today and of course it wouldn't work. Cracked out the Motor's truck manual and did a little trouble shooting. Found that the problem was in the slip rings on the steering wheel, cleaned them up good and tested it. Works perfectly, up and down hills in overdrive and unless it is a really steep grade it doesn't lose any speed at all.:icon_thumby: Beats that crap aftermarket that was on there and looks much better also. Next big project is to get the air conditioning working again. need a new dryer (had to order it for the dealer air), vac it down and recharge.

One small step at a time. Then one day I'll look at it and find there is nothing left to do to it. :icon_rofl:

KnockKnock

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This is a great project you've got going here. I love your nav. mod, as well as your overall approach to all the other improvements. Good luck with the progress & keep us posted. 'scribed, Kk

CAD

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks KnockKnock. Am planning on doing the mustang rear disk break mod also picked up the splash gaurds, mounting brackets, ?shaft brackets? off a 98 Mustang GT before it went to the crusher. Looking for the calipers and will be getting new rotors and pads to put this project together in the future.

Will post picks when I get it all done. I like the stock look of the '88' But I feel the mechanical Mods trans, brakes, etc. make it a much safer and more enjoyable truck to drive.

CAD

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Just finished winch bumper and thought I would post some pictures. Traded some parts for a Badlands winch (I know HB winch? but most of the parts were going to scrap anyway). wanted a concealed winch but there is not enough room behind the bumper to radiator for it to fit, so I had to compromise. bolted and welded a brush guard I found at the PnP yard to the bumper then removed and cut the center section out of the bumper. Made a drop mount for the winch that matched up to the bottom of the brush guard, approx. 3", and bolts to the frame and brush guard on the sides. bought another bumper from the PnP yard and welded tabs to the brush guard and cut bumper to fit in between so I can unbolt it for access to the winch. used the ends off of old 3 point ford tractor hitch for my shackle points. cut the plastic bumper pieces to fit all areas and moved licsense plate holder to drivers side. painted brush guard black as chrome was in bad shape and wired everything in. went up to the foothills and found a nice section of forest with a good grade to it to pre-stress the cable and everything worked great. Also added a front sway bar from a 92 Explorer.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals