• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Question about some mods...

SuperBronc

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 87 Bronco II, which is awesome! However, I duck hunt out of it, so the carpet is really smelly, which sucks. Also, my power windows and locks have crapped out, which sucks as well.
So, now to my questions...If a man was gonna pull the carpet outta his Bronco, what would be the best to go back with? I know that I could by the OEM Vinyl Kit, but it seems sorta pricey. I actually considered just pulling the carpet and spraying some spray-can rubberized paint on it, but I can't in good faith do that to my precious...
Next, I'd like to convert my doors from power win/lks to manual win/lks. I assume that I would simply have to drill out the rivets on the acuators and install the manual cranks, but I am sorta at a loss on where to get the parts and the actual instructions as to how to do this.
THIRD, my passenger seat no longer stays in its locked and upright position, so I want to replace the seats. If I use Ranger buckets will I have to change the tracks? I'd like to keep the passenger track in use since it slides way far forward for access to the back seat.

Any help would be, well, helpful. Anything at all...advice, exploded schematics, websites where I can buy parts...

Thanks in advance, and I'm fired up to work on my Bronco!

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
On the floor issue, you may not wanna do this, but, I read on some other forum where someone spilt a gallon can of roll on bed liner in his floorboard, and tried to clean it up. the result was, he liked the surface that was left when it dried, so he coated the whole front foorboard with it. Said it was alot like the rubber floor liners. Just an idea thrown out there.

SuperBronc

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Awesome. Looks pretty simple. The biggest problem is that I can't seem to find any JYs in my area that have parts to Bronco IIs. Say that they have all been scrapped...guess I'll just keep looking!

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah. i know what you mean. i finally found them when i really didn't have money but got them because they seem to be so hard to find around me.

shadow88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've done the ranger bucket swap, and all you have to do is keep your tracts and change the outside hinge,

DFWBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a 87 Bronco II, which is awesome! However, I duck hunt out of it, so the carpet is really smelly, which sucks. Also, my power windows and locks have crapped out, which sucks as well.
So, now to my questions...If a man was gonna pull the carpet outta his Bronco, what would be the best to go back with? I know that I could by the OEM Vinyl Kit, but it seems sorta pricey. I actually considered just pulling the carpet and spraying some spray-can rubberized paint on it, but I can't in good faith do that to my precious...
Next, I'd like to convert my doors from power win/lks to manual win/lks. I assume that I would simply have to drill out the rivets on the acuators and install the manual cranks, but I am sorta at a loss on where to get the parts and the actual instructions as to how to do this.
THIRD, my passenger seat no longer stays in its locked and upright position, so I want to replace the seats. If I use Ranger buckets will I have to change the tracks? I'd like to keep the passenger track in use since it slides way far forward for access to the back seat.

Any help would be, well, helpful. Anything at all...advice, exploded schematics, websites where I can buy parts...

Thanks in advance, and I'm fired up to work on my Bronco!
Hi welcome to the forums,,lots of helpful people here and good info. where are you located btw?? state, city etc. put this in your about me section and more info about your rig,,engine size, tranny, gears etc. this will be helpful to others when you ask questions here. have fun with your rig,,Larry in FtWorth,Texas area...:icon_thumby::yahoo::headbang:

DFWBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
On the floor issue, you may not wanna do this, but, I read on some other forum where someone spilt a gallon can of roll on bed liner in his floorboard, and tried to clean it up. the result was, he liked the surface that was left when it dried, so he coated the whole front foorboard with it. Said it was alot like the rubber floor liners. Just an idea thrown out there.
haha,,thats what I going to do to mine too(not spill it tho) so itll be water and air tight and maybe deaden the road noise some too. haven't taken mine in really deep mud/water yet so want to strip seats, carpets and seal it good. already new seals around the doors,body and door rubbers. got to fabricate a snorkle too out of pvc pipes. How would I seal around the tranny and transfer case linkages? use some old inner tube and some kind of flexible sealer like RTV?? Ill fingure something out,,Later,,,Larry...TGIF,,3 car shows this wk-end!!:yahoo::icon_cheers:

klogtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
welcome to TRS. i used the exp: seats out of an 93 and they bolted right to the tracks in my 85 bll

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The dude I was talking about spilling the bedliner, actually did it to the carpet, not bare floorboard. Sorry I didn't specify. So, yeah, he bedlined the CARPET in his floorboard, and liked it.
I guess that's like a rubber floor mat, right? cheaper alternative?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals