• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 4.0 4x4 Project

callsigntater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
First let me start by saying I have done more reading than posting on this forum the last few years and I really appreciate all the great info on here. I have been wanting to build a Ranger for years and finally found the right truck a few years ago. I hope you enjoy reading about my build as much as I did building it

I was looking for a very specific Ranger and actually had a hard time finding it in decent mechanical shape. I was looking for a TTB 4.0 4x4 5 speed Extended cab Ranger. Manual Transfer case would have been nice but not a deal breaker. I ended up finding a 1994 Ranger XLT 4x4 Extended cab with 4.0 engine 5 speed trans with only 117k original miles for $2600

The truck needed alot of love but mechanically was in great shape.It also had the 8.8 rear diff from the factory and original fog lights, light brackets etc.

callsigntater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Here is a picture of what I had in mind for my build and what gave me the bug to buy a TTB Ranger

Attachments

Last edited:

callsigntater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Here is a picture of the rust I found after I drove her home. I had an extra bed off my older Ranger that was totaled after someone hit me so I replaced the old one with it. So far she was a pretty hidous truck but I had bigger plans.

Attachments

Last edited:

callsigntater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had to replace the valve cover gaskets so I decided to replace the lower intake gasket and valve covers as well. I painted some new valve covers with VHT textured valve cover paint and it came out really well.

Attachments

callsigntater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I decided on a James Duff Stage 3 suspension lift after alot of reading and researching. I also wanted to install the James Duff traction bars to help with my axle hop. The lift was very nice and solid quality. However i really wish they included better instructions since I had to call them mulitple times with questions. All in all though a great product from a great company. Their over the phone customer service was first class. The lift took me about 5 days to put on start to finish.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals