• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SPIED: 2019 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

blksn8k

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I realize this is asking a lot but people need to understand that the current T6 Ranger that we can't even buy yet was never designed with the North American market in mind. It was designed for other markets where styling tastes might be a little different.

Ford has already stated that the truck that will be sold in North America starting as a 2019 model will have different frontend styling than those sold elsewhere. How different is yet to be seen.

Unfortunately, the only pictures all the click happy automotive websites have to show are of the current T6. Ours might look very similar or it may not look anything like that at all. If people took the time to actually read some of their articles instead of just looking at the pictures they might realize that. But again, that's probably asking for too much.

The old North American Ranger was discontinued for a lot of reasons, not the least of which was the fact that people stopped buying them. One thing that is pretty certain is that the 2019 Ranger will not look much like the 1993 thru 2011 Ranger which is one of the reasons why most people stopped buying those trucks. They looked the same for too damned long and in today's market that is the kiss of death for any vehicle.

It could be argued that all of the manufacturers, and especially Ford, stopped updating those trucks intentionally because they wanted everyone to buy their more profitable full-size trucks. But hey, times change, company management teams change and so do most people's buying preferences.

Reaction score
I tend to think it's more ricey than Euro. I also think Ford is targeting the millenials, who just love anything ricey. Just my narrow minded opinion.
I'm a part of this stupid generation and I dislike most of the things they like. I think any f150 made after 1996 is round and ugly, rangers became ugly in 1993...

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
Ugly indeed.

Personally, all of small pickups coming out now look the same to me... Not good. Glad my '92 is still truckin'!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Seriously.... I was in traffic next to a late model Tacoma and it was just as big as my '90 F150

chewy012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Seriously.... I was in traffic next to a late model Tacoma and it was just as big as my '90 F150
Yep...

Before you know it, the Honda Ridgeline will be the size of an f250 and everyone driving an f250 will be driving an f550....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Ugly is the right word. I would have gone retro instead of euro. I hate the euro look because all vehicles going to that style look the same. Plastic bubbles. Nothing to set them apart from another except the badges.

Sent from my kite using a trebuchet
This is the result of a global economy, you get products that all look the same. You can put many of today's vehicle lineup side by side, debadge them and not know the difference, they're using the global styling methods and it results in some pretty ugly and boring vehicle lineups.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
The current Tacoma is practically the same size as the first generation Toyota Tundras, only thing is the ridiculous price tag on the Tacoma still only gets you a damn gas hog V6 at least with the Tundra you had the option of a V8 and the same fuel economy as the damn V6. Not sure how the new 3.5L V6's are but I doubt they're too good on fuel economy on an ever growing and heavier truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals