• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1984 Bronco II resurrection

JRR1285

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
After nearly a year since starting this project, work on it has commenced again!

I am in the process of further cleaning of the engine bay and addressing some of the rust issues on the passenger fender area.

Here are a couple pics for now.

Tomorrow I plan on degreasing the engine bay one more time before painting it this week. I wanted to be as clean and thorough as possible. Engine is still in the garage sitting with it's heads and intake off waiting for new gaskets.

JRR1285

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Made some more progress. Managed to redo all of the valve stem seals today and I painted the valve covers and oil pan with gold duplicolor.

Gold covers and pan. I plan on painting the engine block/heads black and intake a gray color. Air cleaner will probably be gold too.

You can see the new ones installed.

Disintegrating valve steam seals. Most of them crumbled when I tried to get them off.

JRR1285

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
After a very long hiatus work will be continuing this weekend. Way too much going on the last few years to give this truck any time.

I have since bought a house, changed jobs and we had our first baby in May 2015. Things have been crazy.

I will post some pictures of the current state of the truck. Hopefully everything is close to how I left it and I don't have to redo much. The engine is sitting in the garage fully painted and just waiting on the water pump and intake to be installed. I will hopefully have the engine back in within the next few weeks and I can get it on the road by the end of September.

I also have fully a fully bled clutch system waiting to be installed. It has been sitting on one of our benches since being setup 3 years ago. Very excited to see this thing going again.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals