• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Box design and a few other questions on subs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
i have that same amp, its awesome. i have it pushing my kicker l5 no problems. and i have it grounded to my jumpseat bolt. i havent had any issues their either. Im pretty sure i have 16 gauge speaker wire too.

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That setup sounds a bit resrtictive. Like I had said the seatbolts in my truck came in at about 15,000 ohms to the ground cable, and the tab was at .5 ohms. I dont know about the 16 ga wire, seems a little thin to me. I ran 12 ga for the sub and 16 for my speakers.

NRA4ever

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I run a down firing ported box in my Ranger ex cab. It hits hard.

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
2. try it w/ the stock alternator.. see what happens. i don't have any problems w/ a 90 amp alternator on my 4.0 but i also have a dual battery setup... a regular starting battery and then a deep cycle marine battery... i'm still thinking of finding an EB explorer alternator (its a 130 amp) but i'm running lights and will have a winch also. for just a system, try it..see what happens.
I have a question where are you guys mounting the second battery since I wanted to do this but have not found a convenient location.

Also what years of explorer alternators match up to a stock third gen 2.3 (96)?

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Sheesh 4.0B2! You're weatherstripping looks awful!

Randomly, I tried the trick of ripping open a pillow with polyester filling and stuffing quite a bit into the enclosure to slow down the air movement. It really did work wonders. I got less of the stupid "punchy" hit and more of the deeper resonant hit with my 2 10s.

My 600W amp in my ranger gives me no trouble with my lights. I notice a very tiny dimming of the gauges when I turn it up but thats all. But...might as well test and see how it goes first.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
my second batter is in the stock location of the wiper washer fluid/ engine coolant tank.. I moved that between the cruise control module and the firewall on the fenderwell.

and yes, my weatherstripping is bad... I have new stuff, but right now the d35 stuff is more important!!!! lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals