• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help Intake Manifold 2.3 vs 2.5

funwheels

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi Folks,

I read Hardwareman's thread a ways back on his successful change from a 2.3 to a 2.5 engine in your ranger. I bought a 1997 Ranger in which some guys tossed a motor in before I bought it... it looks like they tossed a 2.5 in ...

Reason I say that is it takes the ph3600 filter, has hose where temp sensor should be, and has two ports on the thermostat housing just like hardwareman mentioned in his thread.

Here is where I am stuck they used the 2.3 lower intake and fuel rail which was critical since the (2.5 available in 98 and later) had the regulator in the tank.. Unfortunatley they used the upper intake from the 2.5...

Now with that said I have 2 extra ports on the bottom of the upper intake... I believe they are to heat the intake and run coolant from the port on the 2.5 (where the temp sensor usually sits on a 2.3) and I suspect it runs coolant through the manifold and exists on the other "extra" port from the manifold which is a 1/4" nipple facing the EGR valve...

Anyone know where that port facing the EGR valve terminates I suspect it must terminate back to a colant port somewhere but can't find it...

I have two more questions if I can get past this one.

Thanks,

Funwheels

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome to TRS~!

Haven't heard or seen Hardwareman on here for a while, but if you post your problem in the four-banger forum you will probably get an answer...maybe you can post a pic of the intake you're having a problem with so someone can identify it for you...

funwheels

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks Mark_88... will do I have decided for now to simply do like hardware man did and throw a sensor to plug the hole in the block and then I blew air through and confirmed the two ports on the intake were connected (simply through-put for the collant) and looped the two ports on the intake just to plug them up... I will fire her up this weekend and let ya know if it worked...

Thanks,

Funwheels

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals