• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

new guy east tn

jackssurvival

Reaction score
Hello all i just got a 2.8 ranger 4x4 5speed i love this truck it needs a lot of tlc. but over all its a great little truck

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
I think everyone on here will agree that the Ranger is a great little truck. Maybe that's why it was the #1 Best Seller for so long.

Welcome to TRS!

jackssurvival

Reaction score
Ive had a 94 4x4 a chipped 01 edge 4x4 that was dangerous on a wet road. And now the 84 my personal favorite i just love that body style i traded an 01 silverado 2wd lwb for it i need 4x4 in the winter it gets a lil rough here.
im planning on using it for a daily driver which includes 174mi round trip 2 times a week mostly interstate lookin for ideas to improve mpg its mostly stock i will be doing mild trail use and occasionally towin a camper and haulin fire wood any and all suggestions appreciated

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Cool truck, man.

The 2.8L V6 is a robust engine, and will fetch you decent MPG's on the highway in 5th.

Do you know what gearing you have? If it's stock gearing, 3.55 or 3.73, it'll be fine and plenty good for mixed highway and offroad use. Minor hauling of firewood will be fine.

To keep your MPG up, just keep your truck healthy and with new fluids, clean, free of excess weight, and properly inflated tires to 32-38 psi. An easy throttle technique is the next best thing to good economy.

Pretend the is an egg under your foot. No stomping of the gas pedal; easy acceleration.

If you ride bikes, throttle technique is huge. Cranking your wrist means a bike will go out from under you.

jackssurvival

Reaction score
Its got 3:73 and i havent been on a bike since i sold my shadow rat bike

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals