• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 B3000 3.0l V6, removing distributor, need help

InTitusville

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
I have a problem with coolant in my oil so I'm taking my engine apart. I have the intake plenum and valve covers off and trying to take the intake manifold off but I need to get the distributor off to get access to some bolts. The distributor in in the back on the engine up against the firewall and need advice on how to get it out of that small tight space.

InTitusville

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
It's not easy but got it off. There is a bolt and washer on the far back on the passenger side. The cap and wires need to be removed to get better access. I think it was a 10mm bolt and long extension needed.

Rarebird42

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just ran into the same problem on my 1990 Ranger 2.9. I believe the hold down bolt is in the same vicinity and I am looking for some tips on how to get to it. My last post on another problem mentions I am working outside and that it was raining more that the law allows..Well it's been snowing all day today and now it's raining like the dickens, and I'm stuck with having to pull the distributor out to get to the (2) screws that hold on the distributor cap that both broke off when I was changing the cap and rotor. This truck is driving me ****ing nutz! Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
If anyone knows of an easy way to get the (2) screws out of the distributor without removing the distributor, that would be awesome. I don't expect to get any response on that, but why not ask? Thanx.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals