• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Duraspark conversion question

CavScout0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Im finally trying to start my Duraspark conversion on my 85 Bronco II. Ive read all the posts on the DIY for the conversion. Ive read that the 78 pito carb is recommended. Im looking all over the web for the 78 pinto carb and rock auto and auto zone is out. Advanced auto has one but for about 300. Summit has 77-75 Pinto carbs in stock. enough rambling my question is this: Can a 77 Pinto Carb P/N 7-7520 work for the Duraspark Conversion? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
That is the correct carb for the 2.8l with auto transmission you would need carb spacer felpro #60529 to plug the vacuum leaks at the base of the carb. You can use it for the standard shift also.

CavScout0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Awesome! Thanks for the input. Why is the 78 pinto carb recommended in the most Duraspark conversion posts? Is there a difference in the jet sizes between the 75-77 carbs and the 78-79 Pinto carbs? They look the same to me. Thanks again. Trying to get all the parts together to start the swap in the next week. I really want to be able to drive it to the annual drunken canoe trip. Thanks again sir

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Basicall you need a 2150 non feedback carb with 1.08 venturi or smaller. I am running #42 jets in mine and it has real good performance. Maybe you should contact summit before commiting to buy to confirm the venturi and jet size in that carb I couldnt find any specs. The feedback carb that comes stock has #50 jets in it but the computer controlled the air mix which is why they ran so good stock. You can just use the stock carb and put the smaller jets in for now until you get a good non feedback carb. Set the timing at exactly 10 degrees BTDC and hook the vacuum advance to manifold vacuum at the tree.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals