• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lighting Issues

MarcosLopez77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok So I have a 1991 Ranger that im having some lighting issues.

First problem is the Dome Light. Light works perfectly fine when the doors open but when I turn it on manually with the switch it doesn't. the same switch also controls the cargo lamp so both are supposed to turn on together. Cargo lamp turns on with switch but no Dome. I replaced the switch and the electrical plug from a parts truck that I have. the old plug was kind of melted in some areas for whatever reason so I assumed that would be the problem. After replacing switch and plug I still have the same issue. Which leads me to believe that the wire between the switch and light might be the culprit?

Second Problem is when the truck is running all lights (headlights, taillights, dash lights seem to flicker with the trucks idle. improves some when accelerating. Any ideas what would cause this the lights to do this?

thank you in advance. any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals