• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Finally, my official project truck

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.
Build is coming along I see. I have been thinking about getting mine tuned also.

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
Well .. minor setback on parts.. found this 2000 auto v6 all power options with a blow motor that I had to have..
Wow! That looks like a nice find. Reminds me of the Black 98 I started with. Looking forward to more updates, I check in every day!!

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Build is coming along I see. I have been thinking about getting mine tuned also.
Yeah. . It will be a slow build process up to the point of actually starting on it. Between work and two hot rod Harleys, I don't have a lot of if time This coming winter..I will be focused on the truck .Still not sure if The 331 will be blown or nitrous injected.It will be an everyday driver though. I would love to do a frame off like Jeff did with his musem qulity build.I simply don't have the time and may not be on that skill level as him..
I had FTI custom grind the camshaft, cut specifically for the truck and engine and trans. Not mush more than an off the shelf cam.waiting on that to arrive..curious as to what the specs will be.I told him do not go full retard.. its an everyday driver. I've built race motors.. it's not fun sitting in traffic watching the temp gauge start creeping up looking for a spot to pull over and shut it off..haha hahaha

The 2000 I just bought will get a bone stock explore 5.0 with automatic 5.0

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wow! That looks like a nice find. Reminds me of the Black 98 I started with. Looking forward to more updates, I check in every day!!
yeah Jeff.. when I seen this I was thinking about your build.. but, I've already got to much time in my white truck. . So This will be a bone stock swap in the black one.

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
yeah Jeff.. when I seen this I was thinking about your build.. but, I've already got to much time in my white truck. . So This will be a bone stock swap in the black one.
That's cool, no problem with having two of them. Kind of like the two Hot Rod Harley's you mentioned above. I thought I noticed a Softail in the back ground of one of your thread photos.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That's cool, no problem with having two of them. Kind of like the two Hot Rod Harley's you mentioned above. I thought I noticed a Softail in the back ground of one of your thread photos.
It's a 1998 Dyna FXDS convertible I restored and built the motor myself in the garage... it is one VERY quick hotrod Harley..
I'll post a couple pics of it later

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well a small update.. I couldn't log in because something was wrong with my account. .one of the administrators fixed it..
But been working 7 days a week so not time for the ranger yet..but I sis get the wheels I'll be running. Fronts fit with no spacers! 50th anniversary SVE wheels 17X9 and 17X10
I have to resize the pics .. post em up later

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
315/25/17 in he rear and will be 255's up front
Which brings me to my next question. . I'll be lowering he truck 3/4 or 4/5 But..I do not want to use the flip kit..that little U bracket won't work for what I'll be doing with the truck ..where can I get drop leave springs or what is the other way to lower these trucks?

Last edited:

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys.. I've been working like a Hebrew slave... so no time for anything but sleep..and not enough of that..
Anyway.. decided to buy stock expo 302 to install into one of my rangers to see how well these truck can actually handle the v8 before go crazy installing the big motor in. So.. I'll build the daily first and see how it goes.. 99 expo 302 fox body t5 into a 99 ranger..

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here is some pictures. My garage is full..so this will come.to get her rather quickly. The motor looks like horse chit, but it very clean where it counts Im not to concerned with how it is going to look under the hood on this particular build, so it will not be show quality like a lot of you guys builds. I see each and everyone on here by the way. I do read ALL of them!
I can't even get my bikes out and that's a big no no..
Oh, by the way.. I'll have a little suprize when I'm do with it. I'm a sucker for stock looking stuff.

Last edited:

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Worked on the ranger a little today..swapped out the seats to fox body seats with the leg extension..
Drill or cut 5-6 riots off the ranger tracks. .then simply bolt them on the fox body seat..

Attachments

Last edited:

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry about the pictures.. most of the time it.says file to big.. so I lowered the setting on my phone..now they show up like this

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So I decided to take the completely perfect running motor apart and send the Block to the machine shop. . This truck will get a "street" 331..

Attachments

Last edited:

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Oh by the way..The Steeda-triax shifter us going be perfect for banging gears.. I've ran pro-tower shifter in all my mustangs and it's one of the best. The Steeda-triax shifter is spring loaded so won't be anymore 2-3 WOT power shifts

Last edited:

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got old 3.0 out today.. I'm currently working with a couple people on making a bracket to mount a vortech blower for use with the explore 302 and FEAD..

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals