• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2015 Ford Ranger - Official

alfred1976

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

From the press release:
Ford unveiled its new tough and smart Ford Ranger today, setting a new benchmark in the pickup truck segment with an uncompromised blend of robust capability, craftsmanship and advanced technology. Starting later this year, an updated range of the truck will take on the world in more than 180 markets worldwide.

9 pictures and full press release

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
About the third mention of the new Ranger. Check to rated output. it's in metric so you know this is not for the US market.
Dave

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ford will manufacture the new Ranger at its AutoAlliance Thailand facility in Rayong, Thailand for distribution throughout Asia Pacific, its Silverton Assembly Plant in Pretoria, South Africa for distribution in Africa and Europe, and its Pacheco Stamping and Assembly Plant in Argentina for distribution in Latin America.
Not the best looking thing of 4 wheels but it is an improvement in the looks department.

240v outlet should light up a laptop pretty bright. :scare:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It is not for the USA!!!! I am sick of the same post coming back up!!!! NOT FOR THE USA. This truck is never coming to the USA!!!!!! That photo is from Bangkok!!! This is the asian Ranger....not for the USA!!!!!!! AhhhhhhhhhhhhAhhhhhhhhhhhh....not fo the USA!!!!!!

Here!!! See this note from FOX News!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/03/23/new-ford-ranger-pickup-revealed/?intcmp=features
The reason Ford let the Ranger wither and die is because they didn't think anybody wanted it.

Maybe people people getting excited about other parts of the world getting a smaller truck will light a fire under Ford to check into it.

My cousin just got a new 2015 Taco because he didn't want a big truck, it is a full four door TRD so it wasn't a cheap Taco either. Ford had nothing to offer even remotely comparable.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I love Tacoma’s. I have had 2 of the late 80's models and they were the best. Not cheap prices of course for the newer models, but they out last a Ranger and they hold their value. Ford will not bring the Ranger here. Too much other vehicles to compete with. The newer ones are just getting really fugly. I don’t want one.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
After owning an elderly Ranger from day one of my Ranger experience...I would want a 2015...in about 2025...so...there is life after market!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I love Tacoma’s. I have had 2 of the late 80's models and they were the best. Not cheap prices of course for the newer models, but they out last a Ranger and they hold their value. Ford will not bring the Ranger here. Too much other vehicles to compete with. The newer ones are just getting really fugly. I don’t want one.
Only the taco, Nissan and the gm twins, probably the lightest market out there. All the new trucks are ugly so that is a hard bullet to dodge anymore.

On the odd occassion a 80's yota shows up around here the rocker panels are almost always gone, like from the tops of the wheel arches and below are no longer there. I haven't seen one for at least over a year driving around, doesn't meet my criteria for holding up well.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Gotta agree with 85 on the 'yota's around here as well. engines will last 400k, but the body and frame are gone after 150k.

Toyota also had major frame issues in the 90's. Toyota did make it right and bought the trucks back at above market value tho...

AJ

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
it wasnt because they thought no one wanted it.....it would outsell mustangs with 0 advertisement. and it got shitty mpg because the assclowns would not put a real engine in it that they offer everyone else outside of north america.

its because it pulls away from f series sales.

so that is why ford can go choke on a weenie.

be nice to see the new little nissan and colorado blow out the f150 sales and kill the running sales record finally.....so we can get a sensible vehicle that gets 35 mpg.

because untill that happens we will be getting 2.7 liter fullsize trucks shoved down our throats.....

if people right now that need or want to buy a fullsize ford...waited a few years.....

we would get a good rig. and 35 mpg.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am sidelined until they get realistic on their pricing.

It is stupid to expect people to pay $40-60k for a piddley half ton truck. I built a nice XL Scab (comparable to a early '00's XLT for creature comforts, pw, pl, cruise, A/C) on their website for $40k. I built a pretty comparable XL F-350 with alloy wheels and a factory installed gooseneck hitch for $42k. Even has a floorshift t-case. What is the better deal?

As near as I can tell a big difference is the cab options. An Scab '150 is $3k where a SD is $1500. A Screw '150 is $7k whereas a SD is $3500. And the Super Duty has a much bigger cab? They know people will stand in line and fork over the cash for the half ton.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I tried building a truck on Ford's website...couldn't find anything under $45,000...

If I took that same $45,000 I could build a honker of a good truck from junkyard parts or bought used for parts and still have enough to buy a nice trailer or put a down payment on a goose farm...(honker...down...goose...get it > yuk yuk)...

And that includes refinishing the frame and building up from there...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I tried building a truck on Ford's website...couldn't find anything under $45,000...

If I took that same $45,000 I could build a honker of a good truck from junkyard parts or bought used for parts and still have enough to buy a nice trailer or put a down payment on a goose farm...(honker...down...goose...get it > yuk yuk)...

And that includes refinishing the frame and building up from there...
You must have higher standards than I do :icon_twisted:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Gotta agree with 85 on the 'yota's around here as well. engines will last 400k, but the body and frame are gone after 150k.

Toyota also had major frame issues in the 90's. Toyota did make it right and bought the trucks back at above market value tho...

AJ
Well, between here in Florida, Utah and California the trucks hold up very well. I have lived out west and here while stationed n the Navy for 20 years. I have seen more rusted out Rangers and Mazdas here in Florida then I ever thought I would. I also think it has something to do how well you maintain your ride....lol. My Tacomas held up very well and had a lot of miles on them when I sold them and I still got a great price when I sold them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals