• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I need some advice on carb

87ranger2.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
K I got 87 2.0 with a motorcraft e77e-9510-aa 2 brl carb.is that a good carb? Should I rebuild it n where can I find a rebuild kit for it.if it's not worth rebuilding what other carb could I use w/o needing exp mods.I'm looking for a bolt on n play carb.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
As long as the throttle butterfly shaft is good and it comes apart easy a rebuild kit couldnt hurt. Take it apart on a bench keeping all the gaskets and rubber pieces and screws in order you took it apart including jets. Get a gallon of carb cleaner or enough to soak it overnite in a bucket. blow all the ports out good with water and then follow with air pressure. The carb kit will have extra parts so match the ones you have with the ones out of the kit so your not worried about what you missed. Be careful take your time adjusting the float and read the instructions a good repair manual for your truck couldnt hurt. I got my last one at the bone yard for $5. Lay everything on the bench in order so it is easy to put back together. Any Qs just as someone here can help. GL

87ranger2.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats what I was leaning towards rebuilding it.k now I've looked all over but I can't fine a rebuild kit for it.how much fuel pressure can this carb handle

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals