• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1999 Ford Ranger Manual Locking Hubs

KeithNH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, Looking for some help. I want to replace the vacuum hubs with the manual hubs and Rugged Ridge / AVM are the only product I've heard of that purports to fit my Ranger. However I'm having a hard time confirming "spline" count. My mechanic says my old system has a 42 spline count so I need a hub with the same number of splines. One supplier of the Rugged Ridge hub lists a spline count of 44 which my mechanic says can't fit. Can someone help me here? Has anyone dealt with this spline count issue? Does anyone know of a manual hub for my Ranger with the right spline count? Help please.
Keith

Last edited:

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Personally, I've never heard of this. When I purchased mine, I simply ordered a set for a 99. Don't take my word as the gospel because I'm no expert. I'm 99.9% sure you will be fine ordering the ones you are looking at.

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, Looking for some help. I want to replace the vacuum hubs with the manual hubs and Rugged Ridge / AVM are the only product I've heard of that purports to fit my Ranger. However I'm having a hard time confirming "spline" count. My mechanic says my old system has a 42 spline count so I need a hub with the same number of splines. One supplier of the Rugged Ridge hub lists a spline count of 44 which my mechanic says can't fit. Can someone help me here? Has anyone dealt with this spline count issue? Does anyone know of a manual hub for my Ranger with the right spline count? Help please.
Keith
Hmmm... I ordered the AVM's for my 98' and they went on and worked with no issues at all. im willing to bet you will be fine.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah If they have the plastic hubs on them now, then I would be willing to bet the AVM's will work. Your mechanic may be looking at the wrong hubs on the site too.

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
If what you are looking into buying the AVM/Rugged Ridge hubs. They will fit your truck. Hope you aren't paying somebody to install them for you!

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals