• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

:Insert witty post title here:

beaubert

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
So straight to the point, 99 b4000. 4wd isnt working now. Now im wondering after 4months or so of having it, if it ever did. I tested it when I bought it and I remember seeing that you should engage the 4wd every few weeks or so and one day I did it stopped working. It was in wet grass and when it clicked the lights started to blink. After a few days it stopped and now its to the point where the lights are normal. But that was a few weeks ago. Anyways, it never worked right the same, I noticed only rear wheel spin when engaged in 4hi and 4lo. So I researched and assumed the hubs, went to to do the 'poke a hole' conversion, and noticed the the front drive shaft wasnt spinning either while engaged. So my question is, with no vacuum to the hubs, and a lack of front "half" shaft, thingy-majig. Idk what its really called. The shaft from tge tcase to the front diff, would my problem be a shit motor or a 4wd cm? Like if your shift motor is bad, do your hubs still lock in? Or is my problem the thing that controls either half the operation or the whole operation?

beaubert

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
And fyi ive checked the fuses in the box under the hood and on the side of the dash, but none of the big black things..w.e they are. And they were all good.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals