• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco II custom quarter window flip up

jollykreiger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Explorer
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have used plexi several times. In 2 back windows and took the piece out of the 2nd one I did and reused it in the bronco for now.

By bending plexi do you mean permanently or any kind of real bend. Because when I brought it home I had to bend it from the front seat around to the back seat in my vert mustang.

I do understand that Lexan is a different plastic and is way way stronger and a superior material in almost every way.

I used to run Poly Carbonite injection molding to make shelf supports so I understand some of the properties of that but never put Lexan and PC together.... Interesting

In the end I think Im just gonna make a vinyl roll up window with button snaps. It would work better for the hunting and offroading I do.

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Plexiglass will bend a little but it will return to its original shape unless its heated, lexan can be bent in a press just like metal sheeting so you could make it curve to match the body. Although lexan will spring back some so it needs to be overbent at first and allowed to relaxe a few minutes, after that it will retain the bend/curve permanently. Plexi/acrylic is more scratch resistant but lexan/polycarb is stronger, when laminated together in multipul layers lexan becomes bulletproof glass.

I work in metal fab but we often work with lexan also, its quite easy, no special tools required, I just added some air deflectors on my Honda bike last week so I can get a couple extra weeks riding in before snow flys.

jollykreiger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Explorer
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Nice, I have a klr and I just bundle up with thermals and a cut balaclava, as long as its not freezing I'll ride

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals