• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

gauge cluster swap

IRKillroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Semper Fidelis
the dash pad is the red thing wrapped around your dash... the nice, non-cracked dash pad.... and the steering column covers are the ones between your steering wheel and the dash.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
the dash pad is the red thing wrapped around your dash... the nice, non-cracked dash pad.... and the steering column covers are the ones between your steering wheel and the dash.
oh, see there is a crack on the right side of the hump on the dash pad.

:(

thinking about krazy gluing it back shut though, had to do it on a couple of tabs i broke trying to get the dash apart.

i've got streaking on the metal part of my dash, probably from the sun? think i should spray paint it with rustoleum black hammered finish?

what's wrong with your dash pad and steering column covers?

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
:
oh well, pretty sure his questions are answered anyway.
:icon_confused:ummm no...i was kind of hopeing for more ideas out there...but now with all of this lost in words and crap.....oh well i will just see what i can find. and see what other people are useing in there trucks...like pics and stuff like that

i have had thread jacks but not this bad...oh well

and thanks for the sport trac idea....i think i know where there is one

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
yep the sport trac si the best option, cuz its better looking than some made cluster faces, for what i see in sme posts from ppl with custom made cluster faces, the explo's are withe with black numbers and the warning red marks, some made gauges have blue numbers and the warnings are way different from stock ones in design i say.
also if u use explo's cluster u still have the stock green light in your dash. as soon cash flows back to me im gonna get me a sport trac cluster lol!!
hope it helps man

IRKillroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Semper Fidelis
I did mention the www.usspeedo.com place who can make custom faces... they have some nice designs.

did you check out their site?

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
:

:icon_confused:ummm no...i was kind of hopeing for more ideas out there...but now with all of this lost in words and crap.....oh well i will just see what i can find. and see what other people are useing in there trucks...like pics and stuff like that

i have had thread jacks but not this bad...oh well

and thanks for the sport trac idea....i think i know where there is one
well, i apologize. i got carried away with a conversation that should have probably been carried over over PM.

good luck with your mods.

oldjohnny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
97 is tricky. The only way is to try and test it by buying one from a JY. Most JY around here give 30 day warranty on gauges, so you should see if it works and if it doesn't, return it. I would suggest that you try and stick with 97 since 95-96 have their CE dummy light on a different position and people claim that 98+ are all swappable. This leaves 97 by itself.

But will they all fit and work? Yeah, if you have a 95 (for example) and want to put in a sport trac cluster, all you have to do is change the wiring. In conclusion, every gauge cluster will work, it is just a matter of being 100% swappable.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals