• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Morimoto XB LED fog install

Alberta 7.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Bought a set of Morimoto XB LED fog lights to replace my beat up old OE units. Eventually I will do HID projector headlights so light colors match.

Installation time: 15-20 minutes

Difficulty: 2/10

The old lamps

Disconnect the bulb connector, and using a 11mm-7/16" socket and ratchet, remove the 3 stamped nut from the backside of the bumper. Pull the light from the bumper. Measure and note the length of the adjustment screw to one of the mounting studs, this will help you get the new light aim close to the original. Remove the adjuster screw and spring. Carefully pry the base/bracket from the old light lens/reflector. With the fog lights switched on, plug the leads of the new lamp into the harness connector. If it doesn't light, reverse the connections and try again. Note the polarity and plug the leads into the supplied connector shell. Snap the new lens/reflector into the original bracket and install adjuster screw/spring/plastic nut. Adjust screw to earlier noted measurement.

Re-install the lamp assembly and connect wiring. Use zipties to secure wiring as required. Make final aiming adjustments.

Comparison of old and new lights

Complete :icon_thumby:

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
I just got these same fogs for my 2013 f150, they really are a great product!

Alberta 7.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, they are great units. I'm very happy with them.

Did a 1200 mile round trip over the mountains and out to the coast a couple weeks ago. The fogs were great for night mountain driving. They really fill in wide to cover the shoulders and ditches where wildlife would be hiding.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals