• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lets see your camping vehicles!

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Sorry no current photos work 6 days a week no time and none of my camp photos would work on this site as they don't involve any sort of RBV vehicles. Last time I had time to go camping or get away from home was 3 years ago. And everyone wonders why I'm stressed all the time.

bluemeate

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Manual
bring nothing camping

bring the girlie camping

Bronco638

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This is our 1962 Broken Arrow Tepee camper (aka a "canned ham" trailer). This was taken after we purchased, last September, it in Kentucky and are on our way to Bardstown to tour the American Bourbon Trail (highly recommended, even for non-drinkers, like myself). That's my wife's old Escape ('01). She now has a '12 Escape Limited. My '01 Edge 4x4 will do tow duty in the event I take it someplace with the bike (XR250R) and my wife chooses to stay home.

For those curious, that trailer is 15' in length (incl. tongue). The body is 12'. It will sleep 4. It does not have a head but does have a galley kitchen. The front dinette and rear sofa convert to beds. It has A/C, a mini-fridge, sink and gas cook top. I need to add 30 amp service and then split that into two 15 amp circuits. One circuit will run the A/C and the other will be for the flat screen TV and 'charging outlets' (for the laptop, iPad and Kindles). The existing 15 amp circuit is now just for interior lighting fixtures (which have been converted to LEDs).

The trailer was made in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. I've never seen another but do know of three or four more, seen on the interwebz. Supposedly, there was a bigger model, a WigWam, made by Broken Arrow. I've never seen one of those. AFAIK, it's pretty original. It needs some TLC but nothing I can't handle. The aluminum skin is polished but we're considering painting it because of the pits (due to age) and the effort needed to keep it polished. I blog about it, if anyone is interested: Broken Arrow Tepee

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Transmission
Manual
looks <alot> like one down the road from me, about 1 mile or so away. not a bad camper,but, is kind of small..... BTW, enjoy the Bourbon Trail, while down here? :beer:

240gordie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My 07 ranger XL with 1982 Valley import camper

The camper is 980 lbs soaking wet with 8 gal water and 20 lb propane tank. Camper obviously sat for 25 plus years as laminate counters and tabletop still had original mfgr sheen in mint condition. I know my laminate. Been on truck almost 4 years now and have been to mexico south of Puerto Vallarta and back to Calgary Alberta 2 winters and one trip to Yukon Territories near Alaska. Have been living on the eastern watershed of the Rocky Mtn. Glacier system on 100 million acres I own while back in Alberta camping with the camper. Wanted to sell camper a few years ago but changed my mind after getting over 600 hits, half dozen private views, dozens of emails and telephone calls all within a week in early May while asking 4 X what I paid originally. I installed Sport Rite Airbags by Firestone on the back and nothing else. Also painted all aluminum trim and replaced screws typical of that vintage. May need new Bilsteen shocks all around or overloads or something now as have put 55,000 kms on now. Think I`ll hang onto this baby.:yahoo: I am going to name her Footprint or Jones, Who?

Last edited:

chudykGT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
As a ranger forum I came on this link to see small trailer options. Maybe ill have better luck on the jeepe forums

For any of you out there with a wife who likes to glamp, and yourself likes to camp, backpack, and portage, its tough to find a compromise that you are willing to pay for.

Ive been intrigued by the kakaducamping.com bushranger 200 with xt package, as you sleep off the ground, the trailer adds tons of storage, and u can stand up inside it. The wife wants something fancier.

She is leaning towards something like a livinlite 13RDB from livinlite.com, those things are made almost entirely with aluminum and composite, but it mrsp for 20+ thousand brand new here in Manitoba.

We might compromise and end up with a hard side "a frame" style pop up camper like a Jayco jaysport hard side or a flagstaff hardside.

In our local rv market I haven't seen very many floor plans with a 12-14 foot single axle trailer that has a fold out bed, almost everything makes the main dinette the main bed. The wife doesn't want to be converting every morning, and I want something that I can use when the guys want to do fishing and hunting trips, as we are all 30+ years old now and sleeping on the ground with a tarp and mosquito net is getting old.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Before we had a lot of kids we had a 16' Casita Spirit Deluxe. It has a big dinette on one end that makes a queen bed and a side dinette that makes a single. We left that one as a dinette and left the big bed as a bed--just as you said. It also had a little bathroom with a shower and the usual kitchen stuff--just very compact. I pulled it mostly with a Mazda B2600i, which is a 4 cylinder, 2.6 liter pickup.

http://casitatraveltrailers.com/spirit-16-17/

Mine was a maybe a '92, can't really remember.

I've always though building this might be the way to go.

https://www.glen-l.com/campers/importer.html

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I finally got over my lazy and decided to put up some pictures. We've had this bus since 2008 and have gone all over in it. This year we went to the Grand Canyon via Pike's Peak, Mesa Verde etc. I bring my little 250 along and go riding--I went to Ouray from Durango and back on one ride. As to the bus, I regeared it with 3.73s and it will run at 75mph all day. I have gone 82mph, tops, on a flat. Downhill--I won't say, but it could run almost 100 before the gears get in the way. I put air ride in it as well, and it's pretty decent. I have 5 kids and with this setup, we don't stop for anything. It gets about 12mpg with an International DTA360 motor and Fuller 6-speed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Scott B.

EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
We went to Great Smokey Mountain National Park for Labor Day weekend and took the teardrop.

The awning was built for the truck - it is only on the TD as a temporary solution.

Attachments

appleyard77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH] I picked up this spacekap to use as a camper, the solid fiberglass shell gives good security and the lite weight is great at the boat launches. I added two windows had it painted, put in a bud rug, 2 inverters, NOCO Genius g26000 charger ,2 us2000 agm 6 volt batteries, fridge, microwave, led tv, blu player, Nicro day / night plus solar roof vent and added a step and a small generator to recharge batteries.

Attachments

Last edited:

appleyard77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
SPACEKAP PIC4.jpg

SPACEKAP PIC5.jpg

SPACEKAP PIC6.jpg some pics of the inside of the spacekap, front left is storage, front center are the 2 us2000 agm 6 volt batteries , NOCO Genius G26000 12V/24V 26-Amp Smart Battery Charger , front right microwave ,2000 watt inverter on top and a 26" led tv and bluray , on the left is the chair with storage underneath beside is the fridge and a 1000 watt pure wave inverter and a bed rug on the floor and a solar roof vent mounted above the fridge, and a 3" self inflating mattress

Attachments

Last edited:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
We went to Great Smokey Mountain National Park for Labor Day weekend and took the teardrop.

The awning was built for the truck - it is only on the TD as a temporary solution.
Nice setup!

iamsamrogers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I've just got my '04 ranger 4x4 with my Tepui roof top tent and homemade awning, loving this rack though.

Last edited:

jimd1050

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.2L Gasoline
Transmission
Automatic
B-i-g-g-e-r!

The SINGLE reason I traded my 2007 Supercharged 4.0 Ranger in after spending so much time and money on her... a Truck Camper for the beach!

Any of you remember her?

...then this guy?

Here's the latest... bought the new camper in May '14 and the truck in October '14.

It's a 2015 F350 w/11,100 lb GVWR...

...to carry the 2013 3600 lb Eagle Cap 850

Last edited:

Scott B.

EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I remember your Ranger. I always liked that truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals