• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Emergency lighting (got any?)

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Let's see your iPhone do that.

No problem :D
I have the same problem - leave the thing under car hoods all the time!! I've picked it up in the middle of the road from my test drive runs 3 times now. Works like a charm!

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
You can imagine the spectacle I make when I whip this thing out.

View attachment 11805

That's right. Stand the heck back, Jack.:icon_hornsup:

Last edited:

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Up at school our parking services department uses only rangers and explorers and they all have clear 'police style' light bars on top with yellow lights up top. I REALLY want one but I honestly don't have a practical use for it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ILivermore43

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan v6
Transmission
Automatic
I have two sets of strobes on the back window. One set is clear, the other is amber. I also have a set of clear strobes in my grille. $90.00 for everything, so its nothing great obviously.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Volunteer fire fighters...

Scroll down to the bottom of this....http://www.in.gov/dhs/files/driving_laws.pdf

These guys get pretty carried away with their vehicle lighting--plus they like lots of antennae. And, they often drive like crap. I mean, what's the point of the showing the lights if you have to drive the speed limit? I agree. I move over for them because they are off to do some public service. Truth is, though, by the time the volunteer fire dept shows up with their leaky 1960s pumper truck the conflagrating structure has been reduced to a romantic 18" bed of orange coals--suitable for roasting marshmallows and tingling the frosty toes.

What I've never seen, though, is the green lights for certified paramedics. Still don't have to give them the right-of-way though. Nobody would know what it meant if they saw a car spinning a green light on its roof. Maybe a meter reader or a pizza guy?

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic

Scroll down to the bottom of this....http://www.in.gov/dhs/files/driving_laws.pdf

These guys get pretty carried away with their vehicle lighting--plus they like lots of antennae. And, they often drive like crap. I mean, what's the point of the showing the lights if you have to drive the speed limit? I agree. I move over for them because they are off to do some public service. Truth is, though, by the time the volunteer fire dept shows up with their leaky 1960s pumper truck the conflagrating structure has been reduced to a romantic 18" bed of orange coals--suitable for roasting marshmallows and tingling the frosty toes.

What I've never seen, though, is the green lights for certified paramedics. Still don't have to give them the right-of-way though. Nobody would know what it meant if they saw a car spinning a green light on its roof. Maybe a meter reader or a pizza guy?
That law is pretty outdated. Since that law was written, which should have been revised, all personnel driving an emergency vehicle are now required to take EVOC safety course ( Emergency Vehicle Operations Course) every 3 years, and a refresher course each year. In this course, drivers are to take with due regard, while operating under emergency traffic, ask for the right-of-way, and will not exceed 10 mph over the speed limit. This is a nationwide law, but as usual, can be further restricted by local laws.
What people and INSURANCE COMPANIES don't know, is if you get into an accident with an emergency vehicle (including LEO) and under normal driving circumstances you would be in the right (ie, the vehicle pulled out in front of you and you hit/T-bone them) even with them running emergency traffic they are at fault. Running emergency traffic does not automatically give them the right of way, they are asking for the right of way. This is why so many departments are no longer allowing lights & sirens on POV (Personally Owned Vehicles), too much of a liability...

SVT

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That law is pretty outdated. Since that law was written, which should have been revised, all personnel driving an emergency vehicle are now required to take EVOC safety course ( Emergency Vehicle Operations Course) every 3 years, and a refresher course each year. In this course, drivers are to take with due regard, while operating under emergency traffic, ask for the right-of-way, and will not exceed 10 mph over the speed limit. This is a nationwide law, but as usual, can be further restricted by local laws.
What people and INSURANCE COMPANIES don't know, is if you get into an accident with an emergency vehicle (including LEO) and under normal driving circumstances you would be in the right (ie, the vehicle pulled out in front of you and you hit/T-bone them) even with them running emergency traffic they are at fault. Running emergency traffic does not automatically give them the right of way, they are asking for the right of way. This is why so many departments are no longer allowing lights & sirens on POV (Personally Owned Vehicles), too much of a liability...

SVT
No matter what he puts on for lighting or how much.........
He still can't get suicidal Bambi to let him have the right of way!!! :icon_surprised: :shok: :annoyed:

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
up here, we have some interesting laws, like the province I used to live in, allows green lights on personal vehicles operated by volunteer firefighters trying to get to a fire, but only with approval of their town hall, also, herses have purple strobes (one round one on the roof) to be used in a funeral precession, all cars following use 4 ways, and is the only exception that I know of to what SVT just posted, the purple strobe precession has the highest priority of any traffic on the road, if the lead car goes through a light, all other cars go through, they HAVE right of way over police, fire and ems, the only thing they have to stop for is a train, because the train isn't going to stop...

as for the police with their lights on, regular rules of the road apply as for mva's and who's at fault! I think the green lights are allowed out here, I saw one truck last weekend in a more rural area covered in them, with SAR down the side

rsumser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a foxtrot dash light from etd. and a set od 32 led brick strobes on the back. 240 led roof light bar is in the mail but I cant for the life of me figure out how to post a video up. all amber and white

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

lil red

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I run 6 speed tech 2x4 led lights( all blue) , 4 in the dash 2 in the back window. Best $200 I've ever spent

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey Jim, maybe you can help me with this, or anyone else in this thread, my work truck has 3 light leds in the grill, and they died on me 2 weeks ago, so I wrote them up, and the mechanic replaced them, but he's lazy as hell, and I'm thinking he didn't install the new ones right, they flash, and have a random pattern, like the old ones did, but the two of them (which i'm pretty sure ARE wired together) aren't flashing in sync... they are maxxima m20372's, and what I can find shows that the red goes to switched positive, the black goes to ground, the yellow gets hooked up to all the lights in the circuit, and the white on half of them gets hooked to the red, the other half stays off...

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
figured it out, my mechanic was lazy and only hooked up 2 of the 4 wires ...

DirtyDan

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
And this I shall do, so others may live.

My volunteer Fire Department has equipment that will make most departments head spin. Also, our response time is faster than the national average.

crazyjp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Though id revive this dieing thread

Figured i had to post under this section because i like all things flashy and bright so i figured id share my videos of my Truck the plan is to turn it in to a tow truck currently its duty's are pulling dead and stuck cars and giving jump starts to dead cars the final setup i want would make most of your panties drop but that's for a different thread for now here's the videos
Night Time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0iccN6TCkI
Day Time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZmpnw0Qiok

Id also like to get a Wheelen Tow Man Series light bar if i win the lottery or make one and put some 2 part y/y ot y/w tomars under the doors and in the wheel wells but alast my dreams are big and my funds are small

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals