• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Header doesnt fit with slave

JustinM

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 302/np435 combo in my 88. I’m using a Land Cruiser slave and made a bracket to mount it to the frame. Now the header dumps right on top of the slave. I took off the header and am trying to figure out solutions. Anyone else use this combo and have this problem? Only thing I can think is to make my own header that will hug the block a little more? Giant PITA....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustinM

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Last edited:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
99% people use a push type slave, avoid the problem you're having. Slave should be mounted to trans or bell housing so it moves with them, not mounted to frame.

JustinM

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

JustinM

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
99% people use a push type slave, avoid the problem you're having. Slave should be mounted to trans or bell housing so it moves with them, not mounted to frame.

Yeah i guess I’ll have to figure a way out to mount it to the bellhousing or something. Either way, it will still end up in generally the same spot so I’m going to have the same problem. It is a push slave.

#1 Lone Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
clutch slave

This is what I did on my T5 setup. Just a piece of angle iron 1 1/2" I think, then the 1/4" to space it farther out to center it with the clutch arm. The slave is a 84 Datsun pickup v6, same one Modern Driveline sells with their kit, it's 3/4" bore. Got it online for like $15. I have long tube Hedmans on a Cougar with this setup, but previously had it on 93 Ranger with Kaufman long tube headers.

Last edited:

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
They are the headman headers for the v8 conversion. Would have worked great with an automatic. Thanks, I’ll have to see if he has any pictures or info he can share.

:icon_idea: Hedman's swap headers don't work well with anything. Especially the passenger side. :icon_rofl:

JustinM

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_idea: Hedman's swap headers don't work well with anything. Especially the passenger side. :icon_rofl:

Passenger side is perfect, drivers side would have been too if i used an auto trans

JustinM

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

This is what I did on my T5 setup. Just a piece of angle iron 1 1/2" I think, then the 1/4" to space it farther out to center it with the clutch arm. The slave is a 84 Datsun pickup v6, same one Modern Driveline sells with their kit, it's 3/4" bore. Got it online for like $15. I have long tube Hedmans on a Cougar with this setup, but previously had it on 93 Ranger with Kaufman long tube headers.

Thanks for the info and idea. I might have to switch to a slave like that. The way mine mounts isn’t going to help my problem.

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Passenger side is perfect, drivers side would have been too if i used an auto trans

Try pulling the starter without pulling the header:icon_rofl:

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hi torque mini starter. Tons of room

Then there's that tight 90* bend you have to use to have ground clearance :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals