• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My Little Blue Ranger

ltbenji

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, got the block completely torn apart today and going to take it to the machine shop sometime this week.
Confirmed that I do have the forged pistons which is a big relief

Also got a complete turbo coupe harness and la3

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ltbenji

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dropped the block, head and crank off at the machine shop this afternoon!

Just need to get him the ARP rod bolts and pistons.

ltbenji

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've been doing some research on pistons, the head, and the final compression ratio. I would like to drop it from around 9 to closer to the turbo coupe's original 8.

I know the DP head has a different combustion chamber, heart shaped I believe is what I read.
My head has closer to d shaped chambers.

Any tips on either head work to have done or how to choose pistons to drop the compression ratio?

ltbenji

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm back from the dead with a couple of updates!! I've got all the parts for the bottom end of my turbo motor and the ranger got new shoes today.

ltbenji

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, some more updates. The rotating assembly is not at another engine shop being balanced and I should get that back this week and hopefully will have the block built in the next few weeks.

The silver paint on my wheels was starting to look pretty rough so I thought I would try plastidipping them. Grey was the lightest color I could find locally. I still like the silver better but the grey will work for now.

And one final side project I have been working on is a custom gauge cluster. It started with a flat sheet of metal and is now here.

I'll buy the rest of the gauges one by one but this should be enough to get me started.

Turbroke

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Never attribute to malice things that are better explained by stupidity.
Nice project. I just started a similar build on a 90' Ranger XLT 2x2, 5 speed. My daily driver is an 88' Turbo Coupe, 5 speed and I can't wait to see how this truck performs with a turbo motor. I LOVE 4 cyl. Rangers, but always wished they had more power. This is the answer, ain't it. Good luck, I'll watch your progress and learn something I'm sure.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals