• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Headache Rack Build

zrxsix3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Started building a nice rack for my truck and forgot to take pics of the progress to do a thread on it... so i only have the pictures of what it looks like tonight, the rack should be finished in a couple days so i will do my best to post pics here on out of the build

I am installing this rack on my 2wd ranger and i haul things time to time where it gets a little sketchy on if the load is going to shift and take out my window, and we go to mud bogs til late at night and need some sort of lighting when loading up the wheelers and see what im doing and i have always wanted one just for looks

[/URL][/IMG]

we incorporated a small tool box in the rack itself, i dont really need or have a use for a regular box

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

its been getting really cold here so we dont have much room inside this garage...

[/URL][/IMG]

buddy welding away

[/URL][/IMG]

its coming alone good and i really like it and it sets this one out from the rest! still not complete as i have other ideas and the mesh isnt welded in yet and there is still a lot more grinding that needs done before paint. hope you guys like it because i love this thing already! need to start ordering lights for it ASAP! ill keep posting

ianyboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L
Transmission
Automatic
Nice work, definantely stands out from all the back-racks out there

zrxsix3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Update!!

well i havent worked much on the headache rack because of me working 3rd shift but my buddy has about completed it because he has nothing better to do with him being off work, so this is mostly his work using a schematic i drew up but its one its way to be completed and should be finished and painted by tonight!!! its good to have friends like that:icon_thumby:

we did weld some other stuff before i leaft for work really quick and didnt get a pic of that but it will show on the finished product

Enjoy!! :icon_hornsup:

txgocartB3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Have you considered putting locking hinges in the corners?

Ray

zrxsix3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No i haven't and that is what we should of done but we had these just laying around, this whole build cost us maybe 40-50 bucks at the most because we got the steel free so the only thing we had to get was welding wire, cut off wheels, grind wheels and paint! Everything else was given or had laying around lol

Chris_North

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Steel for free? I'm jealous. I like your safety shoes.

Nice build. Looks pretty bulletproof. Should help with winter traction too haha.

zrxsix3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
haha thanks chris, yeah my buddy is the one wearing the slippers lol i dont think i was wearing anything better... and it helps when your dad and buddy work at plants that kinda give away "scrap metal" that they were going to throw away, so they take what they get what we need and make stuff to a certain extent but anyway i havent updated because i am working 2 jobs now and get as much sleep as i can and one day photo bucket was down for maintenance but it has been finished and on the truck for a couple days now

for some reason the flash on my phone picks up my phone case and makes the red mist looking stuff when i take a picture...

Thats it, there might be a few more odds and ends that id like to do with it but its done for the most part

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals