• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What have you done for your ranger lately?

_dj_

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I took a aft bath for mine today going a transmission flush and filter..

_dj_

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I changed the starter for the 4th time since Ive owned the truck.
Every 3-6 years.
I'm done with lifetime(rebuilt) starters.

CreepyCrawler

NCMillwright
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FordFordFord
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 4.0 5.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
My credo
it is what it is
changed headlights out. changed shocks. cleaned maf...and added an awesome 30 gal to a tank of gas on my 91 4.0 re-did bolting on tcase skidplate (those factory anti rotation plates are crap). oil, air filter, rotate tires, new wipers.

all for the travel truck

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Nuthin yet...drove the hound out of it since Sunday morning....NE Texas to NE Mississippi, via Duck Dynasty land. Then loaded it down like the Beverly Hillbillys and drove back. It had a slight miss at idle with the AC on when we left, now it is quite noticeable. Also gave the suspension a workout cause I-20 is like a roller coaster in Shreveport, LA, and between Vicksburg and Jackson, Miss. It's a little pack mule though...made the trip well...probably will do a tuneup and fluids check after I get it unloaded today.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
It does not need anything. I just drive it and maintain it as I have for over 14 years. This July my 99 Ranger will be 15. I bought it brand new July 20th. It has never broke on me and all I do is maintain it and add gas when it needs it.
I am on the third new battery since I bought the truck. Bought it 1 ½ years ago. It started getting a bit weak on startup, so I got a new one. They last me about 4-5 years. I still have all the original light bulbs in it!!! Never had a light go out on me. That is a nice thing. The only thing I added was a newer third brake light. Added the LED look about 6 years ago. I might buy new tires after this summer. They are in great shape but are now about 8 years old!!!

_dj_

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Can't beat that straycat.. I bought my ranger 7 months ago. I'm the second owner The first owner took good care of it mechanically. But took pride in the fact he never washed or waxed it in the 20 years he owned it.. Since I bought it I've only needed to replace the drivers side valve cover and the passenger side lower ball joint. I'm hoping to have it painted by the end of the month. I've already fixed all the dents and dings and shot it with a light coat of sealer primer. Other then that it's all been regular maintenance. Changing fluids and whatnot

_dj_

Last edited:

Chris_North

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
^You guys just aren't driving hard enough. :)

Just got finished replacing the driver side mirror with a JY one and the passenger one with an aftermarket. The other day I teed the transmission cooling line for my new gauge set as I did not like the readings I was getting from the drain plug kit I had installed. Also changed the trans fluid during all this since it has been about two years. It's a lot nicer working on it now that the weather has warmed and the garage floor no longer is covered in salt and road dust.

Next on the list (assuming nothing major breaks) is to replace the rear bumper that took quite a hit from a tree and replace the headlight assemblies which have become quite opaque. Would love to figure out and fix whatever is making that annoying popping noise in the front end too....

Lee in Texas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Transmission
Automatic
Bought a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer for it. (drivetrain swap) It has an EFI 5.0, 4R70W trans, and 8.8 inch rear axle, plus anything I want from the interior, like those sweet power front seats and dual sun visors. I'm going to break out the tape measure and find out if a moonroof transplant is feasible.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Can't beat that straycat.. I bought my ranger 7 months ago. I'm the second owner The first owner took good care of it mechanically. But took pride in the fact he never washed or waxed it in the 20 years he owned it.. Since I bought it I've only needed to replace the drivers side valve cover and the passenger side lower ball joint. I'm hoping to have it painted by the end of the month. I've already fixed all the dents and dings and shot it with a light coat of sealer primer. Other then that it's all been regular maintenance. Changing fluids and whatnot

_dj_
Darn!!! The guy buys a new truck and never washed it or waxed it?? I hope you did not pick up any disease from the guy....LOL

_dj_

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Lol I've replaced the whole interior except the seats.. I'm looking for some black mustang seats.

_dj_

_dj_

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yesterday I changed the rear axle gear oil.. Tonight after work I'll be attempting to get the radius arm bushings done.. Looks like the dummy who installed the bushing previously put them in backwards. I'll take some pics when I'm changing them out just to show there's no cure for stupid

_dj_

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I just had a wonderful experience replacing the upper control arms and lower ball joints.
the work was done this Monday and Tuesday. Man the front has stiffened up. Honestly, I can do one side in about an hour or less. It took much longer as I was given the wrong loaner tool the first time and the second tool had fouled up threads on the C-clamp. I'm assuming the previous user used an impact wrench to start the threads. I used Moog parts and am very pleased with the results. I rank this improvement up there with the Hurst shifter install.

Last edited:

_dj_

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so since I got my paint I decided to to fix the last of the dents and dings and shoot it with primer..

So tomorrow I will highlight and do a final block sand and then lay paint on Friday :)

_dj_

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
A few years ago I updated the front end of my 94 to a power dome hood & front fenders, honeycomb grill & lights from a 2003. SEE AVATAR PIC. Had entire truck painted last March in Subaru WRX Blue. Prior to paint installed 2006+ mirrors. Last month I installed James Duff I beam & radius arm poly bushings & slotted & drilled rotors with ceramic pads. Last week I gave it some custom Ranger emblems.
The custom decals & line are actually Seahawks green, but in pic it shows up like yellow/green

Attachments

Last edited:

FritzTKatt

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Where can I get me some of those emblems?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals