• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ABS light/seedo bounce 1999 ranger

kburley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Automatic
Hi guys, got a fresh new problem to deal with. I have a 1999 ford ranger xl, single cab rear wheel drive. yesterday my abs light came on and my speedometer started to bounce. It engages around 60 km/h when accelerating, and when braking it will bounce down to zero once I go below approximately 50.
I did some research and came to the conclusion that it must be the vehicle speed sensor, but on my way to NAPA to get the sensor I thought I'd break out the scanner to be sure that the same code I had researched would be read in my truck (I think it's p0500? or something along those lines). I was surprised to find no failure codes to speak of. I spoke to a friend and he thinks its the cluster, and that's why the speedometer doesn't work, but that doesn't explain the abs light. I figured before I go ahead and replace the sensor anyway I would ask if anyone knows what's going on. I would hate to get a new sensor and not have it fix the problem. Does anyone have an idea of what's going on? Any and all input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
rear abs sensor in the rear axle. very simple to get to. on 98-00 rangers that reads abs/ and vss

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals