• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Jeep Rims on Ford ranger?

Dprocks100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok, so im new to the forum, and i have a Question. I have a 1991 2wd Ranger without a lift. I bought some 15x7 jeep rims thinking they would fit and didnt think about the backspacing on them. they have a 5.25 backspacing. Im looking for an aggressive look and was wondering if i would be able to use them, and if so, what would be the biggest tires i could put on with the least amount of rub without using spacers. Has anyone done this?

-Dallin

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to the forum. What Jeep are they supposed to fit that has 5.25 backspacing? I thought they were 3.5 to 4.0 depending on rim width.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Stock Ranger rims are your only real option(from a yard), Jeep rims are all baskspaced too much. stock backspacing is typically 4.5" for Rangers, and if anything you want to get less-backspaced wheels, not more.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
They'll work. You'll very likely get some rubbing when turning on the sway bar or on the frame. I've seen several Rangers running around with Jeep rims up here in Michigan.

My spare tire is a jeep rim, and I did test fit it first. My original 2wd 14" spare wouldn't fit over the 31spline 8.8 hub-thing, so I had to find another solution. Fit front and rear just fine.

for a 1991 2wd, your probably looking at 235/75R15 as the biggest with absolutely no-mods.

Dprocks100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok, thanks guys! They are late 90's Cherokee rims. I put one on the other day to see if the rim its self rubs and it doesnt so im probably going to try some 235/75r15 on them and see how i like it. I dont really mind if it rubs a little just as long as its not a ton.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals