• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Announces The Return of The Ranger in 2019 - TRS's 20TH Anniversary

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I'm betting that the new Bronco is a re-badged Everest
I hope a 4 door isn't the plan, they may as well give you an Explorer or Bronco badge option at the dealership if that's the case.

They need to go look at the original and build them like that same goes for the Ranger...ok better say the 83+ ranger otherwise you'll get an F-100 size ranger LOL...although that would be cool too LOL.

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Didn't someone at NAIAS ask if Bronco was going to be rebadged Everest and Ford exe said no? (I'd be willing to bet it won't be far from it though).

We prefer "coupe utility" over cruck :) http://www.smythkitcars.com/ did one based on Volkswagen Jetta, payload is only 750lbs and not awd (although you could get crazy and install the 4motion from an Audi TT; several have done it to Golfs before the "R" came to NA.)

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Didn't someone at NAIAS ask if Bronco was going to be rebadged Everest and Ford exe said no? (I'd be willing to bet it won't be far from it though).

We prefer "coupe utility" over cruck :) http://www.smythkitcars.com/ did one based on Volkswagen Jetta, payload is only 750lbs and not awd (although you could get crazy and install the 4motion from an Audi TT; several have done it to Golfs before the "R" came to NA.)
Thanks for the name correction to the Cruck reference LOL. They are really nothing more than a regular cab pickup on a smaller scale.

Doubt they will stray from any current vehicles for their platforms though. Ranger will be the Explorer Sport Trac, the Bronco will be an Explorer. I bet they just rename current vehicles. This whole Global market stuff is crap, yet people here keep buying that garbage.

We got hit this year with some pretty good snow fall...guess who can't get out of their driveways...the FIAT crowd well most of the newer cars actually not just FIAT but just laugh at those people who went out and spend $30k+ on a damn golf cart then they bitch whine and moan because they can't get through the 14" of snow :icon_confused:.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know a guy that works in the Ford design studio, and he says that the Bronco isn't a rebadged Everest. He couldn't say anything else without risking his job.

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Yay! I am more exited about the Bronc than the already selling global Ranger.

But good God! Those of you who want a frameless truck, well that is not a truck, but you will find plenty of those type "trucks" coming from other manufacturers, look around. yuck

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
I know a guy that works in the Ford design studio, and he says that the Bronco isn't a rebadged Everest. He couldn't say anything else without risking his job.

please pass a message to him:

I want a vehicle that requires ME to do the driving.
I do not want to sit back and enjoy the ride as technology does the driving for me.

my .02

Perry

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I hate the euro look with a passion. Don't know why everyone wants that crap. I would prefer an updated retro type look from the first gen style for the Ranger.

I really hope that the Bronco comes back as the concept that shows an updated early Bronco look. I would seriously consider one, especially if it had a 5.0 coyote or diesel.

Sadly, I suspect they will both be euro look crap though, and I will have zero interest in them.

Sent from my kite using a trebuchet

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The Explorer is a pretty well established name, I doubt the Bronco will replace it.

I hope they are gunning for the Wrangler with it.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
I'm excited for the new Bronco more. We'll see what pertain options the Ranger has in store.

TRS 20th Anniversary? Omg...

And that would be an incredible badge offered...

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
I 2 dislike the euro look ranger I mean were talking about a whole continent that is backwards I mean they drive on the wrong side of the road for Pete sake lol and they use the metric system!!!!
You Canada guys are excluded were neighbors so no hard feelings there.
But I'm tired of car makers not listening to us consumers I mean if they wanted to know what kind of ranger to build wouldn't you first go to the greatest ranger forum ever and do some digging.
Or he'll maybe even make a post like hey guys this is what we're thinking yes or no??

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm excited for the new Bronco more. We'll see what pertain options the Ranger has in store.

TRS 20th Anniversary? Omg...

And that would be an incredible badge offered...
The worst part of the TRS 20th anniversary is my Ranger's 20th anniversary is only year later.

I got it in the fall of 2000... my high school sophomore year :shok:

87xjmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
That new Ranger is quite possibly the words one yet. Keep the euro look for the Europeans. And I really hope and think the bronco is an updated classic look similar to what they did with the mustang.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That new Ranger is quite possibly the words one yet. Keep the euro look for the Europeans. And I really hope and think the bronco is an updated classic look similar to what they did with the mustang.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
What made the Mustang so popular back in the 60's was its Euro styling :secret:

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I 2 dislike the euro look ranger I mean were talking about a whole continent that is backwards I mean they drive on the wrong side of the road for Pete sake lol and they use the metric system!!!!
You Canada guys are excluded were neighbors so no hard feelings there.
But I'm tired of car makers not listening to us consumers I mean if they wanted to know what kind of ranger to build wouldn't you first go to the greatest ranger forum ever and do some digging.
Or he'll maybe even make a post like hey guys this is what we're thinking yes or no??
Just an FYI, the entire continent of Europe doesn't drive "on the wrong side of the road". That's a British thing, and the Brits took it to all of their colonies (India, Australia, etc). Most of Europe, including countries like France, Germany, Italy, etc all drive on the right side of the road like we do, which is also the correct side.

And the metric system makes a ton more sense than what we use here in the states. I look forward to the day that everything is measured using the same units.

The reason car makers don't listen to "us" is that there's no profit for them in what we want, and what we want wouldn't sell well to the masses. We also need to face the reality that most Ranger drivers aren't able to go out and buy a new truck, or they're unwilling to. Carmakers listen to people that give them money. If you daily a 10, 20, or 30 year old truck you probably don't have money to give them so they don't really pay any attention to us.

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
Alright ya got me stmitch and yes I do daily a 89 b2 but that's by choice there's not really anything I'd pay an arm and a leg to have brand new but if your right in saying they won't ever listen to us then there probably won't be anything I'd give an arm and a leg to own
Also thank you for pointing out who drives on which side of the road I was unaware that it was just a British thing

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals