• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

So what's the word on Fram SynWash (re-usable) AIR filters???

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
Just saw these online... lifetime filter... wash it yer-own-self... re-install.

Sounds good, but there's the formerly-valued now-tainted Fram name on it... hmmm...

Prices vary from $19 to $40!! :icon_confused:

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are you afraid that it's gonna break apart and get sucked into your intake? :icon_rofl:

You know how I keep my regular air filter clean? Vacuum! :icon_thumby:

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
well its interesting to see fram jump on the bandwagon and put out a reusable lifetime air filter after they tried the air hog filter that was suppose to out last 20 or so filters. apc and other companys have had cotton gauze filament filters for as long as k&n has had theirs. the dif is one has the k&n name on it and the other doesnt, and the price tag of course. for a drop in reusable filter for the price id give the fram a shot, better than 100 for damn k&n, i built a lifetime setup using a spectre hose, maf adapter and apc conical filter for 50 bux. still on the trk after 3 yrs no problems, just clean it w/ soap and water and reoil it w/ maxima motorcycle air filter oil (courtesy of my workplace). the bottom line is the reusable air filters have been around a while, and if fram wants to stick their name on one and market it for a reasonable price id give it a shot. plus it may look a lot better than my rigged up setup (that i made since nobody made an intake for my trk at the time.)

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
The Fram SynWash is a DRY element system, i.e. NO OILING.
Bikini models should be oiled, not air filters.:icon_twisted:

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
interesting i dont know if it will filter then as well as it should, w/o oil guaze type and foam type filters let dust go right thru them. what micron capacity does it read if any?

betomonroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just hope it doesn't colapse or desintegrates like their oil filter.

BeaterMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 4.6, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
oiling air filters is not a good thing to do, try getting a dry paper element filter or any dry one, when you put oil on the filter, the intake sucks it up and can cause MAF sensor damage. i knew a guy who was buying expensive MAf sensors monthly and one day i noticed he was using the k&n oil filter and suggested a dry filter. well long story short, he swapped it ova to the dry type and hasn't bought a MAF in 2 years now. i'd use one on a carburetor but not a MFI with mass air.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
the problem he experienced w/ oil type filters skrewing mafs was one of two problems: too much air filter oil and not giving it time to dry b4 installing it and startup. i give mine a light coat of oil and let it soak in for 2 hours like the instructions say then install it, no maf probs or codes when checked.

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I've never had nor heard of oil getting sucked into the MAF/intake. Sorry, it doesn't happen if you do it right.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals