• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 ranger 3.0 p1309

1hot4D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
im having an issue I need some advise on. as stated I have a 2000 ranger with the 3.0. I threw the cam sensor code and went out and just bought the whole synchro and sensor. I took it to a shop that a buddy recommended because the guy is a former ford mechanic. well, instead of marking the snychro he pulled the old one out, unplugged the coil and then bumped the ignition until the new part dropped in.

then after that the truck was throwing the P1309 code. after researching the codes I found out its pretty consistent with the synchro being a few teeth off.

I ran it back to the guy and he claimed to reinstall it and now its fine. well, I didn't even get out of the shop before the light came back on. well, im now done with that shop and want some advise on how to fix it appropriately .

oh, he also said that it was showing a code for my power windows, which I don't have?? wtf... he seems to think I might have a computer issue, but the truck had no codes before entering his shop??

also, it currently runs and idles fine with the exception of the occasional surge when I come to a stop. thanks in advance!!

firebomb

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
for p1309 my dtc trouble code soft ware gives "misfire monitor hardware malfunction" i am guessing your right that the cam sensor needs to be readjusted and reset.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals