• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

is it worth the troble to track it down?

1990 danger ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
i used to have an 86 bronco 2 4x4 auto with a 2.9 and it had trany problems i talked about in the thread "i had a bronco ii once it had terribletrany problems" and i regret trading it off :bawling:, i could talk to the person that ended up with it and see who he traded it to or if its setting in his yard and he wants it gone i could easily get it back, the trany prob was it kept blowing the front seal in the trany, but i was told what the fix to the problem could be so now im confident that i coul fix it should i try to get it back? i miss it alot it was the best truck i ever had

i know :worthless: would post some but there on my laptop.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

1990 danger ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
here is the only pic i have, i would have more but im into driving not taking pics

99RangerKrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I'm sort of in the same boat. I had a 92 Ranger regular cab, 2.9L, auto that I had worked on for a couple years. Build a neat little flatbed for it (in the 'under construction' threads, it's Mr. Bad Motor Scooter) and I really liked it. I wasn't huge on the regular cab and the auto, so I sold it off.

I got an already lifted 92 Ranger with the 4.0L, 5 speed. I liked that truck, but it was actually too tall for me (had to climb in and out of the damn thing), so I sold it off.

Now I'm without a project/wrenching truck and I'm kind of missing the ol' 2.9L Ranger I had. I was thinking of tracking down the owner and seeing if he still had it. Now that I'm a little more knowledgeable, if the A4LD went out (again), I know I could put a 5 speed in.

I think you should go look for the B2.

1990 danger ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
iv made up my mind im having my dad make some calls tomarrow but i fear the guy that ended up with it hauled it in for junk:sad:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Happens to too many poor B2s.

Frankly, I'm afraid that by the time I'm ready to seriously start looking for one, everything with a body that makes it worth having is gonna be in the yard with a salvage title.

1990 danger ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
if the dude scrapped it ill ring his neck, hopfully he kept it he had another b2 so he might be using mine for parts if so hopfully he didnt need to many parts

01lariat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V10
Transmission
Automatic
Depends on how long ago you sold it. I mean if your talking a decade or more, forget it. Then to, unless it was a special package or equipped special, one has to ask if it even worth it? I tracked down a 79 turbo cobra and an 82gt my friends had and owned them. So I can relate.

My story of the one that got away:
Back in 91 or so I was dealing on an 88 STX sc. It was a Ford techs truck, it had a new engine, trans, transfer case, the complete sport appearance package, lifted, the works, and bargain priced for just 8k. The truck was perfect. I had cash money down on it, and signed contract pending finance. Sold my stang for more than what I needed for the down payment. The bank lost my paperwork for a couple days before they would have approved it and in the meantime my dealer sold it to someone else. I was pissed beyond all get out. I dropped the bank and dropped the dealer. I'd love to find that truck again. It disappeared from the area, like 17 years ago. I doubt it if it is still in existence, but I'd restore it to it's original luster if I ever could find it again.

Good luck finding your ride....

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals