• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 347/c4 build -project- rebel rouser

RonneyJAyala

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 For now...
Transmission
Manual
Just find a nice explorer trac axle. Disk brakes, posi and usually around 3.73's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Get a 8.8 from a ranger so it will just bolt in without mods. I used the differential chunk from a 2000 model ranger which had LSD and 3.55 gears. you can find 3.73's out there in junkyards, just look at the tag on the rear end or door tag

prymetime1

Reaction score
Made a little progress this week with lighting up front. Swapped out lower valance for new one and made some brakets for the led fog n got the new headlights in:

Pretty easy n fun to get done and happy with updated looks of the front end. Hoping to drop the motor back in this weekend, been wasting time since I need to redo the valve lash, I don't believe i did it correctly the first time.
Hopefully I have more progress to show forth by end of weekend.

Happy 4th to everyone enjoy n stay safe.

Ono

prymetime1

Reaction score
Not much to bark about but I got the engine back in. What a pain in the ass the whole process is. :/
No pics but should have some when I get back over there this week. Adding a catch can and hood pins since I cut the section that holds the hood closed :/.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Here's a good laugh...when I was sawzaw happy the other day cleaning up the front end I actually fd up n cut my hood latch catch, noticed the hood wasn't actually staying closed when putting it back on.[emoji20] my remedy is a simple set of hood pins.....loosing my sleeper look alil but hopefully the hood will stay closed. Been making lil progress steps this week n hoping to get it back cranking this weekend weather permitting.

Also, I ordered a catch can for my v/c breather to dump into rather than goin direct to carb, should help ensure any blow by gets caught before mixing back in with air n fuel.

Hopefully have some pics n good news soon.
Ono

prymetime1

Reaction score
Ok so finally a worthy update as I've been slowly getting this b ready for some weekend beatings.

So my hood catch is actually still working, had to re align the hood n spray it with some pb blaster and it locked closed again...good thing cuz I wasn't really feelin the pins.

Had a few hiccups getting it back to running good. My first attempt at setting valve lash didn't go well, had to redo it. Got it all set and started and ran like crap. Had some valve tick. Took it out n didn't make power for its life.
Researched it and figured to give the " adjust while running" method. Got a set of used valve covers n cut them open. Set them on and finally got at it. Backed each rocker off till it started ticking and adjusted them all the same from there.
Boom, what a difference and the b is running good again. I got all my gauges in and wiring all cleaned n tucked out of view. My trans temp gauge isn't working so I have to chase that down and also need an adapter for the speedo to work. Other than that the leds look good and everything else funtions correctly. I'll try n get updated pics this week. I also have weak headlight on passenger side that I think is just my ground since it got some por 15 on it.....hoping any way.

Slowly getting it back in order so I can attempt some more passes at the track
Ono

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Man brotha been a minute . Trucks looking good and coming along . Need to read back a few more pages to get caught up on what you've really done . I'm liking the cluster also

prymetime1

Reaction score
So it's been crickets in here as my truck sat n collected tree sap for a couple months. I've had a few life events happen and it kind of sidelined my work on it. My last update was when I got the heads back on n went over everything. Truck really wasn't running well, was running hot and pissing antifreeze all over the bay. Ended up seeing a head bolt leaking so I tore it back down and re did it.
This time I got some copper coat and ARP head studs to help fight the issues.

Tore it down and found that I had one of the head gaskets on wrong:

Notice the cooling jackets are both at the back side of the block, which is incorrect n caused it to run hot n shitty.
Fixed that and applied the copper coat when reassembled.
As for the head studs, I got them torqued down to about 101lbs in the 3 phase torqing sequence. Used the permatex white ish this time instead of the arp stuff for the lower bolts.
After all this, it seems to be running back normal. Temp stayed at 185 -200 on my test drive so I'm thinking all set there.
No leaks yet. The only thing I'm chasing right now is some oil blow by out of my breathers. Researching catch can set up as I've read that may help my issue.
Over all its back in driving condition and just few more things to sort out. Feels good to have it back on road since it's just about a year since I started on this project.

Hopefully have some more on it in next few months.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well glad to see you back at it brotha .

prymetime1

Reaction score
Thabks atx! Finally got to taking it to work today

24 mile drive and everything felt good :)

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Hey brotha how you like those led fogs so far . I almost got a set on flea bay but just got $5.99 specials from northern tool locally.
Yup once you get that static drop In Your life the ride is so much better I feel . Almost car like .

prymetime1

Reaction score
Love the leds...they are pretty bright, not sure if they are as intense as my jeep ones but def light shit up. And we'll while I'm posting...Mine as well update that it left me stranded today. Starter wouldn't engage on flex plate or something. I took the starter out and it is working normal so not sure what the issue is. Just another problem I guess.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
It it one that needs to be shimmed ?

prymetime1

Reaction score
It it one that needs to be shimmed ?

Not sure bud. I am thinking my flexplate is bent and not letting the starter gear engage in the teeth to spin the motor over. I am going to check to see if I can get a shim to try it out. I really just need to get it home as now it sits 24 miles away from being able work on it to figure out the issue. Expensive tow if I have to pull that trigger. Rather try another starter to get it home. Been a real motha lately and killed my excitement of it being back together. Hoping it's in a weird spot and just needs to be turned over in order to grt thr flexplate in a good spot to engage. Idk, tho. Trial and error at this point.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Ok so another stater later, I solved a couple of issues....I think. Ha.
So I mentioned that my flexplate might be alil bent, and not letting my starter engage. The whole time I've had the truck it would always have a shitty grinding noise when I started it. It had issues starting way back when and I tossed a new starter in it. It started better after the new starter but still had a shitty noise. So this happens this week and I'm kind of lost since it had a new starter in there.....left me thinking that my flexplate may have chewed up the gear n not letting it engage as it was making a real shitty noise now and no start. So I read n read some more...see the trends here hahaha. And I see that some mention shims, thanks @atx! ....i looked em up and thought I could try it out but the place didn't have them this morning when I picked up anther new starter. I got to work n started putting the new one in. About 5 mins later I go try n start it...boom, starts up no issues......cept for this shitty noise.....a new shitty noise this is. So, I get it home with this noise, it seems to go away but who knows, I can't hear myself think driving this thing hahah. Let it cool n mess wth it alil later today, still making that new shitty noise so I got thru my trusty box of bolts n ish to find two of the same washers. I put them between the starter and engine plate and give it another try.....boom! Starts up with ease, easiest ever, no sounds of any kind, actually sounds like it's supposed to......and finally I'm thinking/ hoping this sorted out my two start issues.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals