• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Another Other under construction

MakerOfBeast

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this is my trailer tug that i am building right now it is a 1946 Studebaker m-16. I put a 300 ford in it with a t-18 trans. axles are heavy hub closed knuckle d44 and a gm 14 bolt with 13" brakes. right now my ranger has a higher priority over this build but after its done....

59flatbedford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
awesome and kudos for using the 300. great choice and killer project.

MakerOfBeast

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya the 300 was the biggest engine that would fit without major firewall renovations. After i finish the sas on my ranger i should be able to get back on this truck, you know the little things, wire whole truck, plumb fuel, make pedals, finish steering and brakes, make drivelines, oh... and cut 2' out of the frame. then and only then will she be ready for the bed to go on her.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
too cool...i love it when guys are willing to step out of the box and build something interesting.will be watching for updates.

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
too cool...i love it when guys are willing to step out of the box and build something interesting.will be watching for updates.

But you wouldn't happen to know anything about that, now would you mr stretch F-series? :icon_thumby:

Bentwrench

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Pretty good idea not having the top of the shock attached to something. never thought of keeping it free like that. It will really keep the bumps away from the cab.

Cool.

MakerOfBeast

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Pretty good idea not having the top of the shock attached to something. never thought of keeping it free like that. It will really keep the bumps away from the cab.

Cool.
lol i have some f-250 front shock mount that have to go on yet. as for stepping out of the box its not really for me. My family builds pertty much all Studebakers.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
as for stepping out of the box its not really for me. My family builds pertty much all Studebakers.
ok,maybe stepping out of everyone elses box.:icon_thumby::icon_welder:

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
ok,maybe stepping out of everyone elses box.:icon_thumby::icon_welder:
haha can i stepp in your box hahaha. jp but it is pretty cool. i like how it is unique

MakerOfBeast

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well its running now and i just cut two feet out of the middle of it. when to go move it and found out a front u-joint is broken in the axle so i had to move it with the tractor to get it in the shop. got the front drive-line in and brakes working sort of, have to bleed more air out of them. pedals are in and don't flex at all which considering they are about 18 inches long is a feat in itself. I now have to rebuild the upper steering column mount because it is too low and when you push the pedals you hit the wheel. all that's left is to mount fuel tanks, bed, rear drive-line, fix the front axle, and completely redo the body so i can paint it.

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Been a long time without updates, I can't wait to see what this behemoth looks like.

MakerOfBeast

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya everything takes time and money and i have been a little short on both. Besides the ranger took prescience, i finally finished the sas on it. so back to the studebaker.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals