• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bad timing chain or other problem??

crokarlo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I recently got a p1309 and a few lean codes. I ordered a new cam position syncro and sensor and installed them wrong. I didnt put the engine at TDC and turned it on and drove it around, it lacked power and had no acceleration. I then took it home and thought the problem was something else. I replaced the

MAF,IAC,TPS,Spark Plugs,Plug wires,Coil Pack, Air Temp,Vaccum lines, Intake manifold, Harness for Cam Sensor and ran it directly to the PCM.

After doing research i learned that i wasnt suposed to install it at 10 degress after or before TDC but right at TDC. So I bought a brand new syncro and sensor and installed them 100% by the book. I double checked all the electrical,wiring,vaccum, ect and my truck starts but ideals rough, random mis fires, no throttle power,dies after a few minutes or if i give it full throttle. Could the timing chain have had skipped a tooth or two? Or maybe has a lot of slack since i incorrectly installed the sensor? The only code its giving me now is p1340. Thats why i installed a new connector and ran it to the pcm connector to be double sure the connections are good and solid. Ive been battleing this truck for 3 weeks now. Its come to the point where ive considered buying a new engine and or selling the truck I dont know what to do and have no hope. Every time I think I find the problem I dont. Thank you! Also if it is the timing chain any ways to check before I tear the thing apart. Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals