• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

alternative fuel tank site in a BII

lorro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
CARBURATED 302
Transmission
Manual
My credo
GNOSIS
I have made my research but I haven't found anything.

I want to know if there is enough space to fit an explorer sport fuel tank next to the main shaft of my bronco II, The reason I want to do that it's because I want to replace my original tank with one or two propane tanks and put the gasoline tank nex to the mainshaft like the explorer and I think it's the best place to put them, the price of the liter of propane in mexico its almost half of the litre of gasoline, you will understand why i want to do that. besides I have a carburated 302 and propane will help in stiff high climbing.

Any ideas or suggestions? maybe the best solution its to make it from zero but maybe you have solve this in another way.

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I think if a petrol tank fits beside the main shaft, it would be better to put a propane tank there and leave the stock petrol tank alone.
Here is a good site to ask questions and for info on how to set up your propane system;

http://fuelsforum.rasoenterprises.com/index.php

lorro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
CARBURATED 302
Transmission
Manual
My credo
GNOSIS
the pros of changing the place of the petrol tank its that the shape can be an irregular volume, depending of the shape of the chassis and the frame, and the shape of the propane tank its always the same, as a cylinder it´s its more dificult to put it in next to the main shaft, it would be a lot lower than the chasis and thats weak spot in offroad trails, instead of the petrol tank that barely pops out down from the chasis.

I'll stil chek if an propane tank can fit in the place that you tell me.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Do you need to keep the vehicle stock? Is there a sanctioning body with rules you need to keep within? Do you need to keep all the seating, re; rear seats?

Propane tanks are heavy and if possible would be best between the axles and low as possible. I also think they are over-engineered for collision and would be fine in a fairly exposed position....depending on what your expected use is. They can also be found in many different configurations that may be suitable. For example there are single tank and dual tank. The dual tank might fit in better as far as ground clearance. If you can cut into and raise the floorboards perhaps some extra clearance can be gained there too.

Last edited:

lorro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
CARBURATED 302
Transmission
Manual
My credo
GNOSIS
I want to keep it as original as possible inside the truck, keep all my seats, and no to put it in my trunk area, I really want to install it under the frame, I just need to see options, thx!

Last edited:

RayInStl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Well, that didn't work. Let's try something else!

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
There is just not enough room under a bronco2 for you to do what you describe,

An Explorer sport not only has a longer wheelbase but also has a wider frame from the transmission cross-member rearwards....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals