• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

look what i found

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
The problem with the patch/tube idea is when you air down, eventually the patch will crack and/or the cut will spread past the patch. Then the tube will get pinched and cut and will start leaking.

If I were you I would vulcanize it and THEN put a tube in if you are really worried about it. The vulcanizing process includes a large patch inside the tire. I would also suggest using baby powder inside the tire to reduce friction on the tube.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
your comment makes me wonder, because i had just gone to a farming store, and was checking up on tire tubes (didnt have one for a 33") i didnt notice if they had ones with metal valve stems iether. but, ive read quite a bit about tubing tires. seems that people use tubes so they can air down and not worry about losing a bead (cheap beadlocks). and a lot of people daily drive tubes. and theres also something called a heavy duty tube for offroaders that holds the bead better or some crap.
If the tire slips on the rim it will likely take the tube with it and rip out the valve stem.

Nhaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 and a few
Make / Model
Ranger+Ranger+E
Engine Size
4.0 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
The patch tube idea for me was a daily driver. It doesn't get the pressure raised or lowered at all other then to keep it at recommended levels.

sadly its sitting on a dead truck right now =< its transmission and drive train are going to be installed in a someone elses truck soon.

matticus420

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
man dude that f'n sucks

cp2295

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L swap, 8.8 explorer axle, IFS front end
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you ain't first you're last
Where do you go at?

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I had this happen once out at our mudhole, i had two friends in the backbed and we were drifting and doing doughnuts, next thing you know where sideways going about 25 and BOOM tire breaks bead. We took the tire off and theres a slice cut through it so we took my friends truck all the way back to my house and got a spare and better jack
heres our mudhole/redneck heaven

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals