• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco 2 Steering Upgrade - Not Lifted

saab900

Reaction score
Engine Size
2.3?
Transmission
Automatic
Hy guys! So after some excursions in the wood there is no way I can get rid of this truck, so its time to do a bit of work! I had some 35 14.50'son the truck and it rode like hell because they were worn Thornbirds. Obviously getting a better set of tires will make it handle a lot better, but I re-did the whole front end steering system and it got somewhat better but not a lot.

I also did this with 2in blocks in the rear and no lift in the front. So my question is what if anything I can do to beef up the steering if I don't have a lift? I am hoping to pick up a Dana 35 here soon and I figured while I am in there it would be helpful to redo the bushings and upgrade the steering but aside from a steering stabilizer.

Thanks!
Alex

Phantom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had some 35 14.50'son the truck
I also did this with 2in blocks in the rear and no lift in the front.
Not knocking your rig, but I find this a little odd.. I guess you could of cut most of your fenders out..

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Transmission
Manual
If the front end has a lot of miles a complete rebuild IE new ball joints, tie rods and center link will do volumes. I just got the whole link system (center link and tierods) off of an explorer at the wrecking yard that had newer stuff. ground about an inch off each tierod threaded end and slightly adjusted the steering gear and my dd B2 tight steering. Pick n pull charged me 15 bucks for the links.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals