• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch hydraulic line Connection

belovedb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
As you all suggested I am replacing my B2 trans (FM145) with the stronger M50D trans as part of my 4.0L swap. I am at the stage where I need to find the correct hydraulic line from the M50D trans which has the quick connect and on the other end to my master cylinder which is held in using a pin. The B2 is a 1986 and the M50D is from a 1998 explorer. Do I order the 1998 clutch line or is there some other ranger part from the M50D trans that would be the correct part?

belovedb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I really need some help on this one. Or maybe someone could direct me to an outside source so that I can determine the correct line?

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would recommend replacing the entire master and slave with all the 1998 equipment while you have it apart. it would probably be worth it while you have stuff apart.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I'm with 84BB2. When I did mine I used the master from the donor, got 10 miles, and blew the inner seal on the master (which was newer than my good one) and that wasn't fun.

Here is my write up on this swap:
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71203

Here is the master and slave kit that I ultimately ended up using:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_TECHnovation-Clutch-Master-Cylinder,-Slave-Cylinder-and-Line-Assembly-Perfection_15070142-P_685_R|GRP60006_1278711888___

I know its $200, but it comes with a pretty awesome warranty (especially since these parts don't usually have any warranty) and the master comes pre-bled, so you don't have to monkey with bench bleeding it. Its usually a next-day order item though, so if you go with that one, go down and order it a day or two before you plan to need it.

Also, don't forget that you will need a new speedo cable.

belovedb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, I do have a new line from a 90 ranger. not sure of the routing. It may not be compatible.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals