• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'98 Ranger Towing Capacity Question

catsklgd1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a '98 Ranger XLT, extended cab, 4 x 2, 3.0 litre V-6 with 4-seed automatic transmission. I want to purchase a pop up trailer, but I'm unsure of the towing capacity for my vehicle. On the bumper it says: max tongue load 200 lbs, Max Gross Trailer Weight 2000 lbs. However, it says these figures are only for the bumper.
Assuming that I install a Class III Reese hitch with 2" ball, can anyone tell me what are the tongue (hitch) weight and Gross Trailer weights I can pull?

I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to the site by the way. See no one else has jumped in. For the 2000 ext cab with the 3.0/auto (only list is with a 3.73 gear) they are rated at 3920 lbs. Just happened to see the '98' manual here also and it list 3960 lbs.
Dave

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals