• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How do I sort the suspension on my new STX?

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Nope, I have a rear gas tank, I eliminated the front tank 10 years ago when I got the truck. I thought the lean was because of my SAS and C bushings (common Early Bronco issue) nope, I have been through that several times and my front axle is good. The front does NOT lean, just the driver's side rear.

My truck was involved in a front end collision before I got it and the passenger side frame horn was bent. The driver's side box had a big dent in it too but really nothing to indicate that the whole frame is out of whack. It can't be me, I am not a small dude but 190lbs is well within Ranger weight tolerances. I think it's just gotten bent from a lot of wheeling.

I do agree that Skyjacker stuff would be just fine for a light wheeler and great for a daily driver. And yes, their springs are probably the best off the shelf lift spring out there right now unless you have a custom pack made by Deaver or Alcan.

Anything can be broken - my buddy has a full size Bronco with a Solo Motorsports cut/turn Dana 44 and their extended radius arm kit - nearly everything has been bent way out of shape after a couple years of mud and Baja style racing - and they're one of the better manufacturers.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Ah see, I thought I had read at one point that you have a rear gas tank.

Maybe when Ford made the frames they were all leaning to one side. Even with the rear tank and new leaves, my Ranger still leans to drivers side by about 12mm. I just checked. :dunno:

I've been really satisfied with Skyjackers coils and leaves(and shocks too) on my Ranger. I had all Superlift stuff on my old Bronco II and the ride was really harsh.

94sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks like you have the same lift kit as my explorer, in the front at least. its the rough country kit.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals