• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Atx's 94" xcab build

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well got the rear end out tonight . Came apart pretty easy actually, which in part is do to me soaking the bolts down in pb blaster . Going to just use the explorer leafs sInce I read some where that they were a lil stiffer then the Rangers . Going to see if I can weld up some mounts or drill holes on the frame an get the sway bar to work also . Besides that my new lil shop cat (kitten) decided to come and chill with me tonight ( stray ) so The wife and I broke bread (dog food lol, milk) with him for keeping me company [emoji106]?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Another long night and no pics ,sorry .... Got the rear out of the ranger and installed the expo rear . Going to sleep now lol

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
I'm taking pics I swear and still cranking away . The expo rear is in with leafs also . Gain a extra leaf being the ranger only had 3 and the expo is 4 . Feels pretty stiff just bouncing on it compared to the Rangers , gain the posi and disc ( regeared a few years ago with a expo 3.73 ring gear and pinion in the ranger 8.8 ) and welding frame mounts for the rear sway which is going to work . And if any really wants a bolt in rear expo diff with out welding , grab a extra leaf/shock plate from the jy . I found the part number on here and just order a driver side plate . Rotate so the mount for the shock faces forward a bam , done and done son [emoji106]?

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well drove the ranger to work . I need to c notch bad [emoji16]. Besides that brakes are awesome as shit and extra leaf did something for sure . I guess my pinion angle was off before . I had a vibration at 45 mph and now it gone . Just been really trying to get the explorer stripped down to the shell to sell for scrape and sell the parts left over . Damn hoa is already having a fit . I keep everything all nice and clean , power wash the drive if any spills and so on . They gave me a 10 day notice [emoji35] . So if anyone is here in central Texas area I got explorer parts for sale . Besides that going to the jy after work tomorrow to grab a oil pan and pickup and a few other lil things for the ranger , my rx7,and tbss . So I screwed some old plywood to the wood frame I made for the flatbed . Need to grab that wood from my coworker tomorrow also to start laying the deck out (sounds funny lol)

Just a pic right now of how it sits at the moment

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Went out to the jy and pullied a oil pan and pickup tube with oil braces . Also got a center console bin thing to replace the digital gauge shit that comes in the explores for gas and oil stuff . All for a total of $25.00 [emoji106]? . Grab a couple pic's . The guy pushing the hoist is my friend/coworker john . We got the motor and trans out that old marquis/crown in a hour , not bad I think . Once the motor was stand up like in the pic with trans still attached and hanging from a seat belt , just took the pan off and walked away with it still hanging lol . We snuck in a 4 pack of dos Equis tall boys and got it done for sure [emoji482]

Now the fun begins . I'm wondering if I should ask the mods to move my thread over to the v8 section maybe or somewhere where I'm not talking to myself lol

Last edited:

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well oil pan, new oil pump ( meiling hv ) , pickup tube , front crank seal ,remain installed now . Need to just get my filter stud and relocate kit and I can start installing the motor . Since I've had some down time with that ,started working on the flat bed again . Coming out pretty good so far . Just need to get some more wood to finish the sides .

And I think I'm going to order this filter kit from the parts house
Hayden kit

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well ordered the Hayden 291 kit and ford part # aff-all92003 oil filter stud this morning . Should be here later today at the shop . Also got the transmission done . Took my builder 2hrs and I got a few things replaced (clutches , band, bearing ,seals, along with a few lil mods my builder knows ) . All for the cost of a 6pack [emoji106]?[emoji482]

Once in ill figure out the driveshaft . May grab a crown Vic shaft and have it shortened .

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well the 4.0 and trans is out . Pullied blower evaporator box out and powers washed the whole underbody and engine bay .bout to have a beer now [emoji482]
Before cleaning

Clean

prymetime1

Reaction score
Man I'm digging your build here. Looks great! Cant wait to see how it all goes in. Will be doing the same in the next few weeks. Good luck on it all.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Thanks man hoping to be in by the end of the week . I'm planning on chopping the evaporator core section off the blower motor so I can still have heat for this winter and for sure clear the cover on that side . May install the ecu In that location now since I don't see having ac for a lil bit anyway .and may not have to extend the ecu harness now moving it to that location . We'll see how that plays out . Really wish I could install headers this go around . May try and spring for some tri-y's and see how that pans out possibly

prymetime1

Reaction score
I'm using your bay clean up as my basis, I won't be using much of the harness since I'm going carb. Keep up the good work man, following along here :)

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Thanks brotha , hope to be done by the end of the week hopefully [emoji16].

Well got the mounts and plates finished . It's ready to go in now . In the pic you'll see my Hayden 291 relocate kit installed also . Worked out great and a nice kit at $45.00 for Oreillys auto parts .
Motor should be in by the end of the day [emoji106]?. So nice doing the swap here at work ( lifts, extra hands, endless tools )

Edit: had to swap expo mount plates to opposite sides . Guess I had them backwards

Last edited:

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
And in

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Thanks man . Stabbing the trans during lunch and figure out the radiator deal

prymetime1

Reaction score
Pictures pictures. I'm guessing there is now way of sliding engine n trans in together? Did u do any firewall messaging?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals