• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1995 Street Runner Build

DarthRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hi. Im looking for some advice on how to do up my 1995 Ranger. Ive been trolling for over a year now and Im ready to throw some cash at it. I dream of dirt roads and jumping stuff but lets face it, Im driving street all the time. I dream of hauling stuff but I dont really have anything to haul besides my tools, wood, and dirt bikes. I have another vehicle so my ranger can be a toy as long as I can still put some dirt bikes in the bed.

I like to call it a street runner because I want to haul ass over giant pot holes, speed bumps, and maybe some curbs. I also want it to go through snow with a change of wheels.

Right now I want to get ready for winter so I have a limited amount of time to do stuff. My rear leafs have both come apart and the right side took out my rear tire. I want to put 295/50/20 general grabbers on 10" wheels and bulged fiberglass all around. I like wide wheels mainly because of the braking power but also the stability.

Is an 8.8 and disc brake swap the best option? What springs should I go with? Will flipping the stock brackets and moving the fronts forward be good enough? I would rather not raise the truck more than needed as long as I can jump speed bumps. I hate speed bumps!:pissedoff:

I will post pics as I go. I would do a V8 swap if I could find someone near brooklyn, ny who would take it on. Anyone know a place?

Thanks!

DarthRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
OK, I guess no one cares.

I decided to go with an 8.8 explorer with disc brakes. It is a 4.10 with LSD i got from a scrap yard. I found some 64" springs that I will get re-arched but I want to mount them under the axle like the explorer. Im just going to guess at how much more arch to put in them. I figure I will shoot for a little more arch than I think I need to get 3"-4" lift over stock. Ill get some longer hangers if I need to level it. I still need to get new shock mounts. I ordered some rancho rs9000xl with 2.5 extra lift in rear and 1.5 front.

:thefinger:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I care!

Doing the 64" chevy leafs will definately help in riding over bumps and holes. I don't have any advise on the setup. Take measurements and pics and you could pass on what you learn. There is also a great tech resource, look in the blue buttons third from the left at the top of every page.

Good luck,
Richard

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals